This recipe comes from here: http://eatathomecooks.com/2012/02/asian-broccoli-salad.html
I made it this weekend and it was really yummy!! But it's something that has to be eaten up after the dressing goes on. I refrigerated the leftovers and they just didn't taste the same later. Would be great for a cook out or pot luck!
- 2 pkg chicken flavored ramen noodles
- 1 cup slivered almonds
- 1 head broccoli, chopped in small pieces
- 1/2 red onion, diced
- 1 red bell pepper, chopped
- 1 cup sunflower seeds
- 1 cup oil
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup vinegar
- 2 pkts ramen noodle seasoning
- Break ramen noodles in small pieces. Set seasoning packets aside for later.
- Toast broken noodles and almonds in shallow pan at 350 degrees for 10-15 minutes. Stir several times during toasting.
- Combine broccoli, onion, red pepper, sunflower seeds, and toasted noodles and almonds in large bowl.
- Whisk together oil, sugar, vinegar and seasoning packets in a small bowl.
- Pour over salad right before serving and toss to coat.