Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Recipes for Busy Moms Recipes for Busy Moms

this may sound dumb...but...

Posted by on Jul. 12, 2012 at 9:28 PM
  • 29 Replies

when you put your chicken in a crock pot to cook, and you add something like sauce that has beans and corn and cook it- when the fat leaves the chicken, how do you eat the beans and corn? or do you dispose of it? was it just for the flavor?

by on Jul. 12, 2012 at 9:28 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
starlight1968
by Bronze Member on Jul. 12, 2012 at 10:19 PM

you should have juices and just eat it all...

3cutiebugs
by on Jul. 12, 2012 at 10:26 PM
Hmm. Ii take off as much fat as I can...
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
BompsMum
by on Jul. 12, 2012 at 10:28 PM

lol, it didnt look yummy lol

Quoting starlight1968:

you should have juices and just eat it all...

BompsMum
by on Jul. 12, 2012 at 10:29 PM

i might do that, i am such a novice! i literally rinsed off the chicken and pitched it in.

i should also note that apparently i thought it worked like a double boiler because i put the water in where the metal part is...

yep

Quoting 3cutiebugs:

3cutiebugs
by on Jul. 12, 2012 at 10:30 PM
Lol, I almost did that once but dh stopped me :)

Quoting BompsMum:

i might do that, i am such a novice! i literally rinsed off the chicken and pitched it in.

i should also note that apparently i thought it worked like a double boiler because i put the water in where the metal part is...

yep

Quoting 3cutiebugs:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
BompsMum
by on Jul. 12, 2012 at 10:33 PM

bwhhahaa okay good! i am not the only one! i was poured the water in, and it was already plugged in so when the water came seeping out i screamed and grabbed the cord out of the socket, THEN i grabbed it by the rim (putting my fingers on the hot metal) and threw it in the sink.

ah, the glory that is me  and my attempts at cooking.

that wasnt the end for me either, i then put water in the correct spot, added the salsa and chicken, then realized that the recipe didnt call for water. so i was going to have some good ol samonella soup :)

Quoting 3cutiebugs:

Quoting BompsMum:

yep

Quoting 3cutiebugs:

3cutiebugs
by on Jul. 12, 2012 at 10:35 PM
1 mom liked this
Dang girl, you sound just like me! Lol.
I do silly things all the time... :)

Quoting BompsMum:

bwhhahaa okay good! i am not the only one! i was poured the water in, and it was already plugged in so when the water came seeping out i screamed and grabbed the cord out of the socket, THEN i grabbed it by the rim (putting my fingers on the hot metal) and threw it in the sink.

that wasnt the end for me either, i then put water in the correct spot, added the salsa and chicken, then realized that the recipe didnt call for water. so i was going to have some good ol samonella soup :)

Quoting 3cutiebugs:

Quoting BompsMum:

yep

Quoting 3cutiebugs:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
goddess99
by Michelle on Jul. 12, 2012 at 10:37 PM
1 mom liked this

LOL don't feel bad, you're not any worse than me!

Quoting BompsMum:

Quoting 3cutiebugs:

Quoting BompsMum:

yep

Quoting 3cutiebugs:

BompsMum
by on Jul. 12, 2012 at 10:38 PM

i appreciate you ladies who replied making me feel not so alone in my adventures!!

Quoting goddess99:

Quoting BompsMum:

Quoting 3cutiebugs:

Quoting BompsMum:

yep

Quoting 3cutiebugs:

3cutiebugs
by on Jul. 12, 2012 at 10:40 PM
Just last week I decided to eat a pancake drip from when I made pancakes ... and ate it off the metal spatula I was using to flip them.
. Burnt the heck out of mt tongue and lip.

Quoting goddess99:

Quoting BompsMum:

Quoting 3cutiebugs:

Quoting BompsMum:

yep

Quoting 3cutiebugs:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)