Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Recipes for Busy Moms Recipes for Busy Moms

You'll Never Believe What They're Doing With Mashed Potatoes Now! How's this for easy?

Posted by on Jul. 19, 2012 at 12:30 PM
  • 22 Replies

You'll Never Believe What They're Doing With Mashed Potatoes Now

Posted by Adriana Velez on July 17, 2012 

mashed potato machineI can't believe this is happening to mashed potatoes. There is a new Slurpee-style machine that oozes out mashed potatoes into a waiting cup below at the touch of a button. Gravy is optional. It's the most brilliant/horrible way to enjoy mashed potatoes since Richard Dreyfuss built a mashed potato mountain in the movieClose Encounters of the Third Kind.

Has it really come to this, mashed potatoes? We're squeezing you out of a machine into a paper cup at the same place where you purchase gasoline? Oh how the potato has fallen. It was kind of a lowly vegetable to begin with -- but it does not deserve this indignity. Check out the mashed action below.

Click HERE to see video.

Ew, that liquid dribbling you get at the end? Shudder. How could this possibly be any good? And you know they just reconstitute potato flakes. Ain't no fresh potatoes being mashed for this glop. God knows what the gravy is made out of. Maybe some of that gasoline.

Food squirted out of a machine is a humiliation that should be reserved only for already-fake foods like Slurpees. What is that -- sugar, ice, flavoring? Fine. Perfectly acceptable. But this? This just makes me feel sad for potatoes.

Dear potatoes. I'm sorry this is happening to you. Maybe others will recognize this as potato abuse and put a stop to it. But probably not. At least this weird machine is limited to 7-11 stores in Singapore -- for now!

What do you think of the mashed potato machine? Would you try it?

by on Jul. 19, 2012 at 12:30 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
kidlet29
by on Jul. 19, 2012 at 12:32 PM
Not exactly sure on this
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
KamsOne
by Jen on Jul. 19, 2012 at 12:41 PM

I agree with the author here....EWWW! 

periwinkle163
by Mandy on Jul. 19, 2012 at 1:54 PM

This is worse than the sandwich in a can mess, lol.

Kimberly954
by on Jul. 19, 2012 at 2:47 PM

That looks gross!

LOVES67
by on Jul. 19, 2012 at 3:02 PM

Not sure..

P.V.Hawkwind
by on Jul. 19, 2012 at 3:03 PM
gross
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Sarita33
by Bronze Member on Jul. 19, 2012 at 3:16 PM
1 mom liked this
I don't get it. Even if it were REAL potatoes, you woukd rarely eat them by themselves so why the dispenser. "Order and get the rest of your food here, but get your own mash potatoes over there."
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
courtneyann29
by on Jul. 19, 2012 at 3:48 PM
That is nasty!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
KittyGram
by on Jul. 19, 2012 at 4:12 PM

I wonder if this'll ever catch on.... 

SuperMom2433
by on Jul. 19, 2012 at 4:16 PM
Now, I love mashed potato's as much as the next guy, but that's just too much! No thanks!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)