I think this is the next freezer meal I am going to make!
Chicken Broccoli Rice Casserole
Kim @ Onceamonthmom.com
- 2.5 cups uncooked brown rice
- 2 cups chicken, cooked and chopped
- 4 cups fresh broccoli florets
- 1 batch cream of mushroom soup
- 1 batch cream of chicken soup
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- salt and pepper to taste
Cook brown rice according to package instructions on the stove top or in a rice cooker. Meanwhile, in a large pot, steam broccoli florets until just tender. Drain and rinse with cold water. Combine all ingredients in a large mixing bowl, reserving .5 cup of shredded cheese. Mix well to combine. Divide casserole between two 8 x 8 greased baking pans or one larger pan. Sprinkle each with .25 cups shredded cheese. Bake at 350 degrees for 25-30 minutes, until heated through and bubbly.
Follow directions above and freeze before baking. TO SERVE: Thaw and bake as directed above.