Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Recipes for Busy Moms Recipes for Busy Moms

Freezer Meal - Chicken Broccoli and Rice *review added*

Posted by on Jul. 20, 2012 at 3:32 PM
  • 14 Replies
1 mom liked this

I think this is the next freezer meal I am going to make!  

Chicken Broccoli Rice Casserole

Author/Source:

Kim @ Onceamonthmom.com

Ingredients:

Directions:

Cook brown rice according to package instructions on the stove top or in a rice cooker. Meanwhile, in a large pot, steam broccoli florets until just tender. Drain and rinse with cold water. Combine all ingredients in a large mixing bowl, reserving .5 cup of shredded cheese. Mix well to combine. Divide casserole between two 8 x 8 greased baking pans or one larger pan. Sprinkle each with .25 cups shredded cheese. Bake at 350 degrees for 25-30 minutes, until heated through and bubbly.

Freezing Directions:

Follow directions above and freeze before baking. TO SERVE: Thaw and bake as directed above.

by on Jul. 20, 2012 at 3:32 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
delanna6two
by Ruby Member on Jul. 20, 2012 at 4:16 PM

This sounds great....I love these freezer meal recipes you post.

periwinkle163
by Mandy on Jul. 20, 2012 at 5:31 PM

I need to make more freezer meals, especially once school starts, it so easy to get overwhelmed.

KaylaMillar
by Kayla on Jul. 21, 2012 at 1:12 AM
Sounds great!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
BrayandRoosMom
by on Jul. 21, 2012 at 8:47 AM
That sounds delicious!!!! I'm gonna try this one!!!
KamsOne
by Jen on Jul. 21, 2012 at 7:06 PM

Yum!  I love freezer meals!  Thanks for sharing.

Kimberly954
by on Aug. 14, 2012 at 5:51 PM

Ok....I made this tonight. I was a little skeptical because thats a WHOLE LOT OF RICE!!!! I measured out 5 cups cooked rice and used that. I took a little nibble pre-baking and I think its going to be really good. It does make a LOT! I used 1 whole chicken and that gave me 4 cups of cut up meat....enough to make this recipe twice, which I did. I had to make one 9x13 pan for a new mom and planned on having 1 8x8 pan for myself tonight and one 8x8 pan for the freezer. In actuality....it made me 3 8x8 pans and one 9x13 pan.

So for all you guys watching your budgets......this is a good deal if you make it in bulk like I did. My whole chicken was $3.50 which was the most expensive ingredient.

Side note.....I used 1 can of cream of chicken and 1 can of cream of mushroom with a little extra milk added in place of their homemade batch of each.

SweetLuci
by Luci on Aug. 14, 2012 at 7:30 PM

I love freezer meals. Thanks for letting us kinow how it worked out.

epoh
by on Aug. 14, 2012 at 7:59 PM
Let me know how the rice thaws. That's what I'm most concerned about with this. I wonder if it will get mushy.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
KamsOne
by Jen on Aug. 14, 2012 at 11:23 PM
Thanks for the review.
Kimberly954
by on Aug. 15, 2012 at 8:59 AM

My freezer meal group does frozen rice a lot. It ends up with a different texture....kind of reminds me of sushi rice. I was told the best way to do it is to spread it on a cookie sheet and let it cool completely before bagging and thawing. It tastes fine though with a sauced dish over the top.

Quoting epoh:

Let me know how the rice thaws. That's what I'm most concerned about with this. I wonder if it will get mushy.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)