Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Recipes for Busy Moms Recipes for Busy Moms

Need a French Toast Recipe

Posted by on Jul. 25, 2012 at 12:47 PM
  • 13 Replies

Please anyone have a recipe that is a tried and true  French Toast Recipe with not to many ingredients . My son wants me to make hime French Toast this weekend. I have never made it. thank you

by on Jul. 25, 2012 at 12:47 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
MamaSarah1104
by Member on Jul. 25, 2012 at 12:49 PM
1 mom liked this
This is the one we use, it's fantastic! http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/alton-brown/french-toast-recipe/index.html

Sorry I can't make it clicky I'm mobile. But if you google Alton brown French toast recipe you can find it that way too
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
rmp
by Member on Jul. 25, 2012 at 1:03 PM

Thank you it sounds yummy and it has a lot of wonderful reviews . I cannot wait to try it this weekend!

Kimberly954
by on Jul. 25, 2012 at 2:18 PM
1 mom liked this

Ok, I eyeball mine so i will try to give you approximates........for 5-6 slices of bread: 2 eggs, 1/4 cup milk, 1/ 2 tsp vanilla, tsp cinnimon and scramble it up. Dip bread in mixture and cook in a pan sprayed with cooking spray. We like this a lot.

deadlights86
by on Jul. 25, 2012 at 2:19 PM
Can't go wrong with Alton brown.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Kimbyann
by Member on Jul. 25, 2012 at 4:20 PM
3/4 cup heavy cream

3 large eggs, lightly beaten

2 tablespoons sugar

1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract

3 cups Cap'n Crunch cereal

8 -10 slices bread, such as Texas toast or 8 -10 slices French bread

butter (for cooking)

TOPPING

1 cup heavy cream

2 tablespoons confectioners' sugar

1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract

2 cups fresh seasonal berries, assorted

Directions:

In large bowl, mix together cream, eggs, sugar, and vanilla. Whisk until well combined.

Crush cereal by placing in plastic storage bag and rolling over it with a rolling pin. Once it resembles cracker meal, transfer to a shallow dish.

Moisten a couple pieces of bread in cream mixture until soft but not completely soaked. Allow excess liquid to drip off bread, then press into the cereal crumbs to coat evenly. Set on a sheet pan and repeat with remaining slices.

Heat a large skillet or griddle over medium heat. Adding butter as needed, cook bread on both sides until it caramelizes, about 6 to 8 minutes total.

TOPPING:.

In large bowl using a hand mixer beat the cream, confectioners’ sugar, and vanilla until soft peaks form.

Dollop on top of the French toast and serve with the berries.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
saraface5383
by Member on Jul. 25, 2012 at 4:22 PM
This is what we do. Best ever!

Quoting Kimberly954:

Ok, I eyeball mine so i will try to give you approximates........for 5-6 slices of bread: 2 eggs, 1/4 cup milk, 1/ 2 tsp vanilla, tsp cinnimon and scramble it up. Dip bread in mixture and cook in a pan sprayed with cooking spray. We like this a lot.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
KamsOne
by Jen on Jul. 25, 2012 at 4:25 PM

This is how I make mine also. 

Quoting Kimberly954:

JessicaEOH
by on Jul. 25, 2012 at 4:28 PM
This is how we do ours...only, I think I might use more eggs...and you kinda have to put the cinnamon in periodically...it floats to the top, so the first few pieces are super cinnamon and everything else isn't. Dh doesn't like his with vanilla and cinnamon, so sometimes I just do eggs and milk.

Quoting Kimberly954:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Kimbyann
by Member on Jul. 25, 2012 at 4:29 PM
That's usually what I do for everyday french toast. I love most alton brown recipes

But I posted a captain crunch recipe that's good in moderation <3.

Quoting MamaSarah1104:

This is the one we use, it's fantastic! http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/alton-brown/french-toast-recipe/index.html

Sorry I can't make it clicky I'm mobile. But if you google Alton brown French toast recipe you can find it that way too

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
KaylaMillar
by Kayla on Jul. 25, 2012 at 5:12 PM
This is what I do too

Quoting Kimberly954:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)