Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Recipes for Busy Moms Recipes for Busy Moms

Any Ideas!!!

Posted by on Jul. 25, 2012 at 2:04 PM
  • 16 Replies

My daughter loves fruit and when I cook dinner she says "I don't want that, I want fuit" So I'm trying to see how I could incorporate fruit with her meals. I have tried putting the fruit on the side but than thats aoll she eats. Any ideas.

by on Jul. 25, 2012 at 2:04 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Kimberly954
by on Jul. 25, 2012 at 2:15 PM

my daughter is 2 and does the same thing. I figure at least its healthy. Once she eats her fruit, I have her try something else on her plate before I get her more. Also, you can make a chutney topping for meat. Or pineapple on ham. She only does this at dinner....at lunch she eats other things. Oh, also, give her yogurt as a fruit dip. That will get something else in her as well.

valerie1345
by on Jul. 25, 2012 at 2:48 PM

What is a chutney topping? Thank you for the advice!

hhhanna
by on Jul. 25, 2012 at 2:52 PM
1 mom liked this

Buy a YAM at the store, bake it till it caramelizes on the outside, then take it out of the oven, slit it open, let it cool and serve.  It has all the sweetness that she craves but LOTS of vitamins and other good stuff.

goddess99
by Michelle on Jul. 25, 2012 at 3:13 PM

I would make her fruit plates with maybe yogurt as a side or wrap apples in ham. At least what she likes is healthy =)

valerie1345
by on Jul. 25, 2012 at 3:51 PM
That's an awesome idea! Now this is gonna sound funny but how high do I keep the oven and how will I know if it's ready?

Quoting hhhanna:

Buy a YAM at the store, bake it till it caramelizes on the outside, then take it out of the oven, slit it open, let it cool and serve.  It has all the sweetness that she craves but LOTS of vitamins and other good stuff.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
valerie1345
by on Jul. 25, 2012 at 3:52 PM
That's tru I am glad she loves fruit. Apples wrapped in ham? I am going to have to try that 2 things she loves :)

Quoting goddess99:

I would make her fruit plates with maybe yogurt as a side or wrap apples in ham. At least what she likes is healthy =)

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Kimbyann
by on Jul. 25, 2012 at 3:56 PM
Skin usually unsticks to it and all the yummy "sauce" will ooze out

Quoting valerie1345:

That's an awesome idea! Now this is gonna sound funny but how high do I keep the oven and how will I know if it's ready?

Quoting hhhanna:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
valerie1345
by on Jul. 25, 2012 at 4:17 PM

O ok...Thank you very much!

Quoting Kimbyann:

Skin usually unsticks to it and all the yummy "sauce" will ooze out

Quoting valerie1345:

Quoting hhhanna:

saraface5383
by Member on Jul. 25, 2012 at 4:20 PM
1 mom liked this
You could offer it as a dessert? That's what we have for dessert here :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
hhhanna
by on Jul. 25, 2012 at 4:40 PM

When in doubt, look it up on food.com or allrecipes.com - you will also find other recipes using yams, sweet potatoes, etc.  Great resources.

Quoting valerie1345:

Quoting hhhanna:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN