Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Recipes for Busy Moms Recipes for Busy Moms

Potatoes (10 lb. bag)

Posted by on Jul. 29, 2012 at 10:45 AM
  • 48 Replies

I bought one this week.  What are some dishes you make with potatoes?
Ideas so far:  french fries, potato salad, baked potatoes

by on Jul. 29, 2012 at 10:45 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
praisinghim2day
by on Jul. 29, 2012 at 10:46 AM
2 moms liked this

Taco potatoes!  Bake 'em... then make like a buffet of taco meat, lettuce, tomatoes, onions, cheese, sour cream... etc.  It's a hit at my house :)

delanna6two
by Ruby Member on Jul. 29, 2012 at 10:52 AM

Wow, thanks....that sounds really good....I think they would like that and it would be filling.

Quoting praisinghim2day:

Taco potatoes!  Bake 'em... then make like a buffet of taco meat, lettuce, tomatoes, onions, cheese, sour cream... etc.  It's a hit at my house :)

floating in pool

praisinghim2day
by on Jul. 29, 2012 at 10:55 AM
1 mom liked this

Very welcome!  There are so many things you can do.  We also do pizza potatoes (cheese, pepperoni, hamburger), Cheeseburger potatoes (hamburger, cheese, bacon).  Potatoes are so cheap and so versitile that we play with them frequently :) 

Quoting delanna6two:

Wow, thanks....that sounds really good....I think they would like that and it would be filling.

Quoting praisinghim2day:

praisinghim2day
by on Jul. 29, 2012 at 10:57 AM
2 moms liked this

Or... for a side dish...

Put a stick of butter in a frying pan, along with a little salt and pepper, and a clove or two of pressed fresh garlic, and a little chopped onion.  Sautee those ingredients, then turn your heat down a bit, add in baby carrots and sliced potatoes.  Cover, and stir frequently. :)  It's awesome :)

delanna6two
by Ruby Member on Jul. 29, 2012 at 10:57 AM

They are cheaper....that's why I bought the bag....hoping it would help me stretch some meals out.....these are great ideas...thanks again.

Quoting praisinghim2day:

Very welcome!  There are so many things you can do.  We also do pizza potatoes (cheese, pepperoni, hamburger), Cheeseburger potatoes (hamburger, cheese, bacon).  Potatoes are so cheap and so versitile that we play with them frequently :) 

Quoting delanna6two:

Quoting praisinghim2day:

ScarlettLetter
by on Jul. 29, 2012 at 11:45 AM

scalloped, fried, wedges(like fuddrucker's), rosemary roasted, mashed, I have plenty more...

delanna6two
by Ruby Member on Jul. 29, 2012 at 12:02 PM

Quoting ScarlettLetter:

scalloped, fried, wedges(like fuddrucker's), rosemary roasted, mashed, I have plenty more...

ScarlettLetter
by on Jul. 29, 2012 at 12:05 PM
1 mom liked this

check out the Betty Crocker Cookbook under the potato section~every recipe I stated is in right in there. You can probably find a link to the recipes online

starlight1968
by on Jul. 29, 2012 at 12:14 PM

have a potato "bar" night...all kinds of cheese, veggies, ground beef or put out leftovers as toppings

delanna6two
by Ruby Member on Jul. 29, 2012 at 12:15 PM

Quoting starlight1968:

have a potato "bar" night...all kinds of cheese, veggies, ground beef or put out leftovers as toppings

floating in pool

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN