Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Recipes for Busy Moms Recipes for Busy Moms

Meals Made Easy Challenge Day 5: Use the Crock-pot

Posted by on Aug. 24, 2012 at 12:00 AM
  • 147 Replies

Do you have a crock-pot? It can be an easy way to have dinner ready when you get home from work or sporting events. Throw in meat, veggies and a little liquid, turn it on low and off you go!

Here are a few easy meals you can make in your crock-pot:

• Chili
  • Pulled Pork
  • Chicken Breast
  • Chicken Noodle Soup
  • Stews

What are your favorite crock-pot meals?

Did you miss yesterday's challenge? Here it is! Don't forget to sign up to receive daily reminders. One mom who completes 7 days of the challenge will win a $25 gift card to amazon.com.

by on Aug. 24, 2012 at 12:00 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
MixedCooke
by Member on Aug. 24, 2012 at 12:37 AM

I actually dont have a crock pot and I am always afraid to leave anything going if I am not home or asleep because you never know such as an electrical fire or something.

1hotmama87
by on Aug. 24, 2012 at 1:06 AM

I cook everything in my crockpot, on days when my son has soccer practice at night we dont get home till after 7 so its too late to start cooking something, Everything is already cooked and ready for us to eat when we get home when I use my crockpot.

tna7477
by on Aug. 24, 2012 at 7:26 AM
1 mom liked this
Oh crock pot meals are DA bomb. We use ours all the time and when we had to I would make desert as well with one!!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
OliviaW.
by on Aug. 24, 2012 at 7:59 AM

I don't have a favorite meal that I make in the crock-pot. You can make just about everything in one which is what I do for the most part. I haven't been brave enough to make desserts in them yet.

Kimberly954
by on Aug. 24, 2012 at 8:44 AM

Love my crockpot...I was thinking about throwing some chicken in it tonight!

MamaBear2cubs
by on Aug. 24, 2012 at 8:54 AM

Chicken Noodle soup!!

GypsiSky
by on Aug. 24, 2012 at 8:55 AM
I don't have a crockpot, still debating if I want one, lol
mommyto3bees
by on Aug. 24, 2012 at 8:56 AM
I looove my crockpot,new make a lot of chicken meals, shredded chicken tacos, chili,pork chops and more
marisab
by on Aug. 24, 2012 at 8:56 AM

I dont have a crockpot  mut going back to school i need to get one.

Hannahsmommy816
by on Aug. 24, 2012 at 8:57 AM
1 mom liked this

I just made chicken soup in the crock pot a few days ago! No noodles though, not a fan of noodles. I used chicken broth, cut up chicken, potato, onion, carrots and an assortment of spices. Crockpot on low for about 4 hours. Bought marie callendar cheesy buscuit mix (dollar tree....$1!) to go with it. Delish!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)