I found a recipe for homemade nutella and altered it a little bit. It turned out really good. It's more of a hazelnut taste than a chocolate taste like the Nutella you buy from the store. But heres the recipe if you want to try it. It's pretty easy.
1 cup of hazelnuts (I use chopped because their easier to find but you dont have to)
1 1/2 cups chocolate chips or chopped up chocolate bars
2 tbs oil (canola is better, but veggie works fine)
3 tbs powered sugar
1 tbs unsweatened cocoa powder (you can use special dark if you prefer)
1/2 tsp vanilla extract
1/4 tsp salt (optional)
1. Set oven to 350 degrees.
2. Spread hazelnuts on baking sheet ( I sprayed it with cooking spray, but thats optional) and bake 10-12 minutes. You want them to be a golden color.
3. Melt chocolate. I put it in the microwave for about 3 minutes. Let it cool down as you do the rest of the steps.
4. Grind hazelnuts untill the are a kind of paste or as fine as you can get them. The finer the better.
5. Add oil, sugar, cocoa powder, vanilla, and salt.
6. Blend together untill completly mixed.
7. Add chocolate (it will still be warm). Blend until smooth.
8. Put into jar and enjoy :)
* The Nutella will thicken as it cools.
* It will be good at room temperature for about 2 weeks.
* I used a blender for the entire process. Its a little granier than store bought. But I think it tastes better and like the texture of it.