Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Good Fish Recipes

Posted by on Aug. 25, 2012 at 12:51 AM
  • 16 Replies

Hubby just got test results with high cholesterol and now needs to eat fish at least once a week.  I am not a huge fan but will become if it helps him out.  What are some of your favorite recipes for fish?

Thanks Ladies!!

Thanks

by on Aug. 25, 2012 at 12:51 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Tam_and_Fam
by on Aug. 25, 2012 at 8:51 AM
I have never been a fish fan but the 2 types I enjoy eating are cod and tuna. I have had fish tacos before and they were tasty, though I don't have a recipe. Good luck and I'm sure you'll find some awesome recipes :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
jjamom
by Silver Member on Aug. 25, 2012 at 9:53 AM
Use either Tilapia, Haddock or Cod. Lightly coat with seasoned flour and shake off excess. Add about 2 tbsp of EVOO to pan and pan fry fish until golden on each side. Remove from pan and reserve on a plate. Add 1 can of diced tomatoes (any variety you like) to pan and cook for a few mins to heat through. Add seasoning, as desired. Slide fish back into pan. I like to serve this with either mashed potatoes or polenta and sautéed spinach. This is one of my DHs favorite meals.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Pinkymom143
by on Aug. 25, 2012 at 10:17 AM

Thank you so much this sounds delicious.  I will let you know how it turns out.  Do you add anything to the diced tomato's?  And do you use Lemon?

Kimberly954
by Kim on Aug. 25, 2012 at 10:30 AM

i have a couple recipes posted on here that i love...we eat fish at least once a week.

Kimberly954
by Kim on Aug. 25, 2012 at 10:31 AM

http://www.cafemom.com/group/107096/forums/read/16587860/Snapper_with_Apricot_Glaze

Kimberly954
by Kim on Aug. 25, 2012 at 10:31 AM

http://www.cafemom.com/group/107096/forums/read/16587776/Herb_and_Garlic_Fish

jjamom
by Silver Member on Aug. 25, 2012 at 10:38 AM
I usually buy the diced tomatoes with Italian seasoning, so I don't usually add much. I do sometimes add a pinch of hot pepper flakes, but DH doesn't like things real spicy. I usually season the flour also, with salt, pepper, garlic powder, onion powder and paprika.

Quoting Pinkymom143:

Thank you so much this sounds delicious.  I will let you know how it turns out.  Do you add anything to the diced tomato's?  And do you use Lemon?

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Pinkymom143
by on Aug. 25, 2012 at 10:44 AM

Thanks ingredients on my shopping list.....going for it tonight!

jjamom
by Silver Member on Aug. 25, 2012 at 11:11 AM
Good luck! Hope you all like it!

Quoting Pinkymom143:

Thanks ingredients on my shopping list.....going for it tonight!

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
goddess99
by Michelle on Aug. 25, 2012 at 1:28 PM

My dh is the fish cook, sorry, I tend to stay out of the kitchen when he's cooking.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)