Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Recipes for Busy Moms Recipes for Busy Moms

Give me some ideas ... please!

Posted by on Aug. 29, 2012 at 6:46 PM
  • 8 Replies

I have done it again - taken out meat to defrost w/no idea what I'm going to do with it. Then come to find out its also a day where we are pretty much out of everything 

Basically I have 2 boneless/skinless chicken breasts - egg noodles - 2 cans cream of chicken soup - frozen broccoli - shredded cheddar cheese.

Any ideas? Can I just throw all that together or would that not be so tasty? 

by on Aug. 29, 2012 at 6:46 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
KamsOne
by Jen on Aug. 29, 2012 at 7:13 PM
1 mom liked this

Yes!  Throw it all together.  It would make a great casserole!

ballerina.2006
by Member on Aug. 29, 2012 at 7:17 PM
Cook the noodles al dente place on the bottom of a greased casserole pan. Toss the brocolli with the noodles. Place chicken on top and cover with the soup. Bake for probably 30-45min-until chicken is done (350*). I would probably cover with foil because of the noodles.

OR

Cook the chicken with the soup then serve it over the noodles with a side of brocolli.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mommy425906
by on Aug. 29, 2012 at 7:21 PM

Can I cut up the chicken into chunks & mix it in with the broccoli? And if I do that should I cook the chicken first? Like saute on the stove w/salt & pepper, then add to the casserole?

I've never tasted/used cream of chicken soup before, that's why I'm timid with this! LOL

Quoting ballerina.2006:

Cook the noodles al dente place on the bottom of a greased casserole pan. Toss the brocolli with the noodles. Place chicken on top and cover with the soup. Bake for probably 30-45min-until chicken is done (350*). I would probably cover with foil because of the noodles.

OR

Cook the chicken with the soup then serve it over the noodles with a side of brocolli.

Kimberly954
by on Aug. 29, 2012 at 8:00 PM

Sounds good!

Quoting KamsOne:

Yes!  Throw it all together.  It would make a great casserole!

AlyssaN
by on Aug. 29, 2012 at 8:04 PM
I would chunk the chicken, then cook in saucepan on stove, then add soup and pour over cooked noodles and broccoli, then top with cheese and bake til warmed through
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mommy425906
by on Aug. 29, 2012 at 8:46 PM

Ok I will go with that ... Starting now! Will update everyone with the results later! :-)

Thanks for all the help ladies!

Quoting AlyssaN:

I would chunk the chicken, then cook in saucepan on stove, then add soup and pour over cooked noodles and broccoli, then top with cheese and bake til warmed through

KaylaMillar
by Kayla on Aug. 30, 2012 at 12:27 PM
It would make a great casserole!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mommy425906
by on Aug. 30, 2012 at 4:55 PM

Casserole idea was a success! Not the most flavorful or outstanding dish I've made but not that bad at all either.

Satueed bite size chunks of chicken in olive oil & s/p

Added about 1 cup frozen broccoli florets

Then added 2 cans cream of chicken soup & about 1/4 cup water

Mixed & heated through

Boiled & cooked to al dente 1 package egg noodles

Threw everything into greased 13x9 baking dish - mixed well

Covered top with shredded cheddar

Baked at 350 for about 15 mins.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)