Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Recipes for Busy Moms Recipes for Busy Moms

menu help

Posted by on Sep. 2, 2012 at 9:41 PM
  • 25 Replies

I really dont want to make a trip to the store this week! I want to use whats in my freezer and pantry. So help me come up with some meals. PLEASE!!! I have all the basic staples....spices, flour, sugar, butter, those kinds of things. I am going to do meatballs over rice for one meal which is something I have in the freezer already. And an alfredo chicken and pasta as another meal. Then I get stuck.

So for meats: I have lots of fish, shrimp, ground venison, venison roast, lobster. I have chicken breasts but not a ton of it. I have some breaded frozen chicken and also a marinated mosquite chicken in the freezer, both uncooked.

Cheeses: Shredded Mozzerella and shredded cheddar and I think a mexi blend cheese.

1 have one very large baking potato i want to use in something.I can hit the farm store for other veggies.

Pantry: Rice (brown and white), spaghetti, elbow noodles, 1/4 of a package of egg noodles, cream of chicken soup, pasta sauce, alfredo sauce, lots of diced tomato or pureed tomato.

Ok, hit me with what you have!! :)

by on Sep. 2, 2012 at 9:41 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Tam_and_Fam
by on Sep. 2, 2012 at 10:12 PM
1 mom liked this

since you don't have much chicken, you can always make chicken kabobs, then you can add whatever veggies you want to them.  Kabobs are also great for shrimp.  Also with the shrimp and lobster you could always make some kind of like seafood salad, I love cold seafood salad.  Hmm, the potato can always be used to make french fries, or potato salad.  You can always have fish tacos.  Or maybe make a chili.  I know my cousin always made venison chili.

I hope this helps a bit anyway.

mylilprincesses
by Paula on Sep. 2, 2012 at 10:32 PM

here is Lobster Pasta although it requires alot of veggies it tho..

http://allrecipes.com/recipe/lobster-pasta/

corrinacs
by on Sep. 2, 2012 at 10:41 PM

I can def. see a shrimp pasta dish :), either with the tomatoes or the alfredo.

What kind of fish?  Tuna?  You could do a tuna noodle casarole:
I can't have milk, so I don't know what cream of chicekn soup tastes like.  Do you have access to Cream of Mushroom or Cream of Celery?  But you could do the tuna noodle casarrole which is easy.  Cook some pasta until done.  Assuming whole box of pasta, add 2 cans of tuna, a can of cream of mushroom and celery soups (or your cream of chicken) and some veggies (corn, peas, etc).  Mix and enjoy.

I could see the venison roast in teh crockpot.  I would put that with the potatoe, some veggies.  I would put salt and pepper over the meat.  Ensure its cut to about 2 inches thick at most.  Onion Powder and garlic powder in the crockpot (dashes of each).  Fill just above the ingredients with water.  Pop taht in the crockpot and cook for 8 hours on low.

KaylaMillar
by Kayla on Sep. 2, 2012 at 11:23 PM
I made CFC the other night and it was delish! Let me see if I can find the recipe
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
KaylaMillar
by Kayla on Sep. 2, 2012 at 11:28 PM
Here it is. I used chicken breast instead of bone in chicken
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
KaylaMillar
by Kayla on Sep. 2, 2012 at 11:28 PM
http://www.tasteofhome.com/Recipes/Buttermilk-Fried-Chicken-with-Gravy

Quoting KaylaMillar:

Here it is. I used chicken breast instead of bone in chicken
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MSmama_x3
by on Sep. 2, 2012 at 11:34 PM
We love shrimp Alfredo!

Sometimes I cook a side of broccoli with it because my kids are freaks and LOVE veggies! Lol

Fish....I would probably go baked or fried. My dh doesn't tacos of any kind.

You could do rice & tomatoes as a side. (not sure where you live...I'm in the south where that's a side dish lol)

The roast would def go in the crockpot.

Chicken you could do crockpot chicken & dumplings. Really easy!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
The_Doodle
by Member on Sep. 2, 2012 at 11:36 PM

Seafood fettucini

Ground venison mixed into a homemade spaghetti sauce

Do you have tortillas? If so, you can make fish tacos

Aurorasmom
by on Sep. 3, 2012 at 12:43 AM

fish tacos or ceviche with avocado and tostadas

sauteed garlic shrimp pasta

i love chopping up lobster tails and sauteeing them with asparagus with butter and seasoning salt, then maybe cube and pan fry the potato for a side

we also like making pizza dough, topping with a light layer of alfredo and shredded chicken then topping with a light layer of mozzeralla

with the breaded chicken, i would bake then when it was almost done, pull it out and put a couple tablespoons of marinara sauce on top then cover with mozzeralla and finish baking.  its yumm-o!

Kimberly954
by on Sep. 3, 2012 at 8:11 AM

Grouper and snapper...fresh fish. my husband fishes.

Good idea on the roast. I actually thought of that last night. I dont know why i didnt of that before!!

Quoting corrinacs:

I can def. see a shrimp pasta dish :), either with the tomatoes or the alfredo.

What kind of fish?  Tuna?  You could do a tuna noodle casarole:
I can't have milk, so I don't know what cream of chicekn soup tastes like.  Do you have access to Cream of Mushroom or Cream of Celery?  But you could do the tuna noodle casarrole which is easy.  Cook some pasta until done.  Assuming whole box of pasta, add 2 cans of tuna, a can of cream of mushroom and celery soups (or your cream of chicken) and some veggies (corn, peas, etc).  Mix and enjoy.

I could see the venison roast in teh crockpot.  I would put that with the potatoe, some veggies.  I would put salt and pepper over the meat.  Ensure its cut to about 2 inches thick at most.  Onion Powder and garlic powder in the crockpot (dashes of each).  Fill just above the ingredients with water.  Pop taht in the crockpot and cook for 8 hours on low.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN