OMG Vanilla Muffins Stuffed With Oreos
There's a fine line between dessert-like breakfast and dessert. A Belgian waffle topped with ice cream, chocolate syrup, and whipped cream, red velvet pancakes, or bananas foster French toast is fare that no one should dig into every morning. Similarly, how many muffins have you come across that are basically frosting-less cupcakes in disguise? Who do they think they're fooling?! Still, doesn't mean they aren't knock-you-out delicious.
Take these Oreo muffins, which boast fluffy, just-sweet-enough vanilla cake baked with cookies 'n' cream goodness. Wow. Who needs frosting and who cares what time of day it is when you're digging into something so blissful?
Oreo Muffins from foodbabbles.com
1 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon baking powder
1 cup granulated sugar
3/4 cup milk
1/3 cup sour cream
1/4 cup unsalted butter, melted and cooled
12 Oreo cookies, coarsely chopped
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Line muffin pan with muffin cups.
- In a medium bowl combine flour, salt, baking soda, baking powder, and sugar. Set aside.
- In a small bowl, combine milk, sour cream, and egg.
- Stir the milk mixture with the butter into the flour mixture until combined.
- Gently stir in the cookies.
- Spoon batter into 12 prepared muffin cups.
- Bake for 20 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Remove from pan to a cooling rack to cool. Serve warm or at room temperature.