Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Recipes for Busy Moms Recipes for Busy Moms

National Waffle Week : Day 6 Recipe

Posted by on Sep. 6, 2012 at 12:35 PM
  • 3 Replies

Reeses Peanut Butter Chocolate Waffles

Peanut Butter and Chocolate is one of the ultimate combinations. And everyone knows to satisfy that urge for this lovely combination all you have to do is eat some delicious Reese’s Peanut Butter Cups. But now you can whip up a batch of these Reese’s Peanut Butter Chocolate Waffles and you will be even more satisfied.

These waffles are made with Peanut Butter and actual mini Reese’s Peanut Butter Cups mixed straight into the batter. Topped with a Chocolate Ganache Glaze, and some more mini Reese’s, this breakfast-dessert will have you wanting more.

Ingredients:

Peanut Butter Waffles:

1 1/2 cups All Purpose Flour

3 teaspoons Baking Powder

1 tablespoons Sugar

1 teaspoon Salt

1/3 cup Creamy Peanut Butter

1 1/2 cups Milk

2 tablespoons Olive Oil

1 teaspoons Pure Vanilla Extract

10 Mini Reese’s Peanut Butter Cups, Coarsely chopped

Chocolate Ganache Glaze:

1 Cup Semi-Sweet Chocolate, Chopped

1/4 cup Heavy Cream

1 tablespoon Unsalted Butter

Mini Reese’s Peanut Butter Cups, For Topping

Directions:

Preheat the oven to 200 degrees F. This is to keep the waffles warm before serving.

To make the waffles, whisk together the flour, baking powder, sugar, and salt in a medium bowl. In a separate small bowl, whisk together the peanut butter, milk, olive oil, and vanilla. Add the peanut butter mixture to the dry ingredients, and mix until fully incorporated and smooth. Mix in the chopped peanut butter cups.

Lightly grease the waffle maker and, according to your manufactures instructions, heat the waffle maker until hot and ready. Carefully pour half of the batter into the middle of the waffle maker and bake until the edges are brown and crispy, about 5 minutes depending on your waffle maker. Repeat with the remaining batter.

Place the waffles in the oven to stay warm while making the glaze.

To make the chocolate ganache glaze, place a heatproof bowl over a pot of simmering water. Place the chopped chocolate and the heavy cream in the bowl and melt the chocolate until smooth. Add the butter and whisk until smooth.

To assemble the waffles, cut the large waffles into 4 smaller squares. Pour the chocolate glaze over the waffles and then top with mini peanut butter cups. Serve immediately and enjoy!

These waffles last up to 1 week in a sealed container in the refrigerator. Just be sure not to place the glaze and/or syrup on top of the waffle if planning on storing them for later use.

http://www.celebrations.com/content/reeses-peanut-butter-chocolate-waffles

by on Sep. 6, 2012 at 12:35 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
KamsOne
by Jen on Sep. 6, 2012 at 6:18 PM

That's my kind of breakfast!!  Can I just eat the candy without the waffles??  lol

mylilprincesses
by Paula on Sep. 6, 2012 at 6:25 PM

lol sure! i think this is more of a dessert tho.

Quoting KamsOne:

That's my kind of breakfast!!  Can I just eat the candy without the waffles??  lol

KaylaMillar
by Kayla on Sep. 6, 2012 at 8:08 PM
1 mom liked this
Oh my goodness!!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN