What are your favorite crockpot dinners? Please post them here!
home made soups and chili are my favorites but I make so much in mine, I just love it
I make tons of stuff in my crock pots. But my favorite is pulled pork. It is soooo easy and always comes out yummy. Plus it feeds a lot of people.
I did this one a few days a go with leftover turkey from Thanksgiving.
Creamy Turkey Soup (Crock Pot)
· Prep Time: 20 mins
· Total Time: 8 hrs 20 mins
· Servings: 8
o 1 cup homemade turkey broth
o 2 cups diced cooked turkey
o 1/4 Vidalia onions, chopped
o 1 cup celery, diced
o 1 cup carrots, diced
o 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
o 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme
o 2 -3 cups chicken broth
o 2 cups diced potatoes
o 1/2 cup 2% low-fat milk
o 1/2 cup cream
o 1/2 cup flour
1. Ingredients in turkey stock, besides the leftover turkey parts, were 1/2 Vidalia onion chopped, stalk of celery chopped and 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley.
2. Combine all soup ingredients, except milk, cream and flour, in crock pot.
3. Use just enough chicken broth to barely cover meat and veggies.
4. Cook on low for 8 hours, or until potatoes and carrots are easily pierced.
5. Combine milk, cream and flour and add to soup.
6. Let cook for approximately 30 minutes more, stirring occasionally to thicken.
7. You can also add any leftover gravy you have.
PS I love the crock-pot!
I've make dried beans, taco soup dip, baked potatoes and chili so far this fall.
Taco Soup Dip - justslowcooking.com16 oz Ground beef; cooked16 oz Canned corn16 oz SalsaMix together and place in a slow cooker. Serve with tortilla chips.
Homemade soups, roasts, chili....pork. chicken.
Switch to Mobile Site
Getting Started Guide
Frequently Asked Questions
Part of the CafeMom family
© 2015 CMI Marketing, Inc. All rights reserved.
Already Joined? LOG IN