Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Bacon Ranch Foil Packet Potatoes

Posted by on Sep. 28, 2012 at 9:15 AM
  • 18 Replies
5 moms liked this

Bacon Ranch Foil Packet Potatoes

3 sheets of heavy-duty foil
10-12 baby red potatoes, thinly sliced
6 slices of cooked and crumbled bacon
1 packet ranch dressing mix
Salt and pepper to taste
3 tablespoons butter
Sour cream for serving, if desired

1. Spray each sheet of foil with cooking spray. Top each piece with equal portions of potatoes, bacon, and ranch dressing mix. Add salt and pepper to taste. Add 1 tablespoon of butter to each serving. Wrap securely.

2. Grill for 20 to 30 minutes. Let stand 10 minutes before serving. Serve in foil, topped with sour cream if desired.

by on Sep. 28, 2012 at 9:15 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
periwinkle163
by on Sep. 28, 2012 at 9:39 AM
1 mom liked this

I make these all the time without the bacon, next time I'll throw some in, almost anything is better with bacon!

goddess99
by on Sep. 28, 2012 at 9:40 AM

This has been on my food pinterest board for months. I need to make it, Looks soo good!

KaylaMillar
by on Sep. 28, 2012 at 1:03 PM
Yummy!!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Kimberly954
by on Sep. 28, 2012 at 1:40 PM

Sounds good. I love potatoes in foil on the grill. Never thought to try with ranch. Have you ever tossed with onion soup mix and thrown them on the grill?? I have been wanting to try them that way as well.

KamsOne
by on Sep. 28, 2012 at 1:44 PM

Yay!  I love foil packets!  Thanks for sharing!

SweetLuci
by Luci on Sep. 29, 2012 at 8:43 AM

I haven't tried with onion soup mix-but I always keep some of that on hand-so good in so many things, I'll be trying that soon.

Quoting Kimberly954:

Sounds good. I love potatoes in foil on the grill. Never thought to try with ranch. Have you ever tossed with onion soup mix and thrown them on the grill?? I have been wanting to try them that way as well.

kt674
by on Sep. 29, 2012 at 12:34 PM
Yum! Sounds like a great idea! I will be trying these very soon!
Kimberly954
by on Oct. 6, 2012 at 4:58 PM

What would happen if i use ranch dressing?? I dont have any of the powder ranch.

Quoting SweetLuci:

I haven't tried with onion soup mix-but I always keep some of that on hand-so good in so many things, I'll be trying that soon.

Quoting Kimberly954:

SweetLuci
by Luci on Oct. 6, 2012 at 8:31 PM

I think if you only add enough to barely coat the potatoes, that should work.

Quoting Kimberly954:

What would happen if i use ranch dressing?? I dont have any of the powder ranch.

Quoting SweetLuci:

Quoting Kimberly954:

Kimberly954
by on Oct. 6, 2012 at 9:38 PM

I gave it a try tonight. It really didnt leave much flavor on the potatoes. the powder must stick to the potatoes a lot better.

Quoting SweetLuci:

I think if you only add enough to barely coat the potatoes, that should work.

Quoting Kimberly954:

Quoting SweetLuci:

Quoting Kimberly954:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)