Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Recipes for Busy Moms Recipes for Busy Moms

crockpot recipes!! I am at the point where I dont want to cook (9 months pregnant). My back hurts when I stand in the kitchen too long and i feel like a little old lady leaning over the sink to peel potatoes or wash veggies because my belly is too big and gets in the way.

Anyways, the ones I can think of off the top of my head that i typically make are chicken and dumplings, chili, shredded pork, bbq chicken, beef and noodles, i have made lasagna but i prefer that in the oven, I cant think of anything else off the top of my head but i know i make more than that. Anyways, hit me with your favorites!!!

by on Oct. 7, 2012 at 12:43 PM
Replies (11-20):
SweetLuci
by Luci on Oct. 8, 2012 at 2:36 PM

Pineapple Pork Roast

1 pork roast (about 3 lbs)

salt & pepper

1 (8 oz) can crushed pineapple

2 tablespoons brown sugar

2 tablespoons soy sauce

1/2 clove garlic, minced

1/4 teaspoon dried basil

2 tablespoons flour

1/4 cup cold water

Cut trimmed roast in half, if necessary, and place in Crock Pot. Salt and pepper to taste. Combine all ingredients except flour and water; pour over roast. Cover and cook on low for 8 to 10 hours. Remove roast. Drain pineapple and reserve cooking liquid. Return meat and pineapple to cooker. Add water to liquid to make 1 3/4 cups. Pour into saucepan. Blend flour and cold water together to form a smooth paste. Stir into hot reserved liquid. Cook and stir until thickened. Pour over roast; serve with rice, if desired.

Serve this pork roast with rice

SweetLuci
by Luci on Oct. 8, 2012 at 2:37 PM

Swiss Steak

1 lb. round steak
2 cups flour
1 teaspoon seasoned salt
½ teaspoon black pepper
2 teaspoons oil or butter
2 cups or 15 ¾ oz can tomato sauce
1 onion, sliced
1 green pepper, sliced
Cut steak into serving portions. Combine flour, salt, and black pepper in medium-size bowl. Roll cut steaks in flour mixture, coating both sides. Pound flour into steak with a meat mallet/tenderizer or the side of a heavy saucer. Melt oil or butter in a hot skillet. Brown round steak on both sides, but do not cook. Place in crock pot and add tomato sauce, onion, and green pepper. Cook on low for 6 to 8 hours (high up to 4 hours).

SweetLuci
by Luci on Oct. 8, 2012 at 2:38 PM

This is a super easy crockpot three ingredient turkey recipe. Note the different cooking times if you're using a bone-in or boneless breast.

Prep Time: 10 minutes

Cook Time: 7 hours

Turkey Breast

1 frozen turkey breast, NOT thawed bone-in (about 5 pounds) or boneless (about 3 pounds)

1 lb. can cranberry sauce

1 envelope dry onion soup mix

For bone-in turkey, put all ingredients into 5-6 quart crockpot, cover, and cook for 2 hours on high. Then reduce heat to low and continue cooking for 4-5 hours until turkey registers 170 degrees F on instant meat thermometer. (Some sources now say that 165 degrees F is acceptable for a safe temperature).

For boneless turkey breast, follow instructions above. When you reduce the crockpot heat to low, start checking the turkey after 1-2 hours. It may only need that much time to reach 170 degrees F.

Slice turkey breast and serve with sauce. 6 servings

SweetLuci
by Luci on Oct. 8, 2012 at 2:39 PM

Crock Pot Sausage and Potatoes

3 lbs. potatoes

2 lbs. smoked sausage

8 ounces cream cheese(softened)

10 1/2 ounces cream of celery or cream of mushroom soup

1 ounce dry Ranch dressing mix
Spray slow cooker with spray cooking oil. Cut potatoes into wedges or whatever size pieces your family likes. You can leave the skins off or on, place in crock pot. Cut sausage into 1/4" slices and add to crockpot. In a bowl blend softened cream cheese, cream of celery soup and envelope of dry ranch dressing mix. Pour over Potatoes and sausage. Stir to combine. Cook low 6-8 hours.

Kimberly954
by on Oct. 8, 2012 at 2:40 PM

This sounds really good. Its different than our usual crock pot meals.

Quoting SweetLuci:

Swiss Steak

1 lb. round steak
2 cups flour
1 teaspoon seasoned salt
½ teaspoon black pepper
1 onion, sliced
1 green pepper, sliced
Cut steak into serving portions. Combine flour, salt, and black pepper in medium-size bowl. Roll cut steaks in flour mixture, coating both sides. Pound flour into steak with a meat mallet/tenderizer or the side of a heavy saucer. Melt oil or butter in a hot skillet. Brown round steak on both sides, but do not cook. Place in crock pot and add tomato sauce, onion, and green pepper. Cook on low for 6 to 8 hours (high up to 4 hours).

SweetLuci
by Luci on Oct. 8, 2012 at 4:04 PM

It is really good. This is a recipe that I used to finish cooking in the oven, but decided to use the crockpot, to keep the kitchen cooler.  I like to serve it over rice, noodles or mashed potatoes.

Quoting Kimberly954:

Quoting SweetLuci:

Swiss Steak

1 lb. round steak
2 cups flour
1 teaspoon seasoned salt
½ teaspoon black pepper
1 onion, sliced
1 green pepper, sliced

Kimberly954
by on Oct. 11, 2012 at 10:46 AM

I think I might give this a try today. Round steak was on sale at Walmart this morning.

Quoting SweetLuci:

Swiss Steak

1 lb. round steak
2 cups flour
1 teaspoon seasoned salt
½ teaspoon black pepper
1 onion, sliced
1 green pepper, sliced

SweetLuci
by Luci on Oct. 11, 2012 at 7:11 PM

I hope you'll like it.

Quoting Kimberly954:

I think I might give this a try today. Round steak was on sale at Walmart this morning.

Quoting SweetLuci:

Swiss Steak

1 lb. round steak
2 cups flour
1 teaspoon seasoned salt
½ teaspoon black pepper
1 onion, sliced
1 green pepper, sliced

Kimberly954
by on Oct. 11, 2012 at 8:03 PM

I did it with mashed potatoes. DH liked it! Thats always a plus....he is kind of picky! :)

Quoting SweetLuci:

It is really good. This is a recipe that I used to finish cooking in the oven, but decided to use the crockpot, to keep the kitchen cooler.  I like to serve it over rice, noodles or mashed potatoes.

Quoting Kimberly954:

Quoting SweetLuci:

Swiss Steak

1 lb. round steak
2 cups flour
1 teaspoon seasoned salt
½ teaspoon black pepper
1 onion, sliced
1 green pepper, sliced

SweetLuci
by Luci on Oct. 11, 2012 at 8:12 PM

That's great! I think this is a man pleasing meal; DH sure likes it.

Quoting Kimberly954:

I did it with mashed potatoes. DH liked it! Thats always a plus....he is kind of picky! :)

Quoting SweetLuci:

Quoting Kimberly954:

Quoting SweetLuci:

Swiss Steak

1 lb. round steak
2 cups flour
1 teaspoon seasoned salt
½ teaspoon black pepper
1 onion, sliced
1 green pepper, sliced

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)