Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Recipes for Busy Moms Recipes for Busy Moms

Q&A Giveaway! Ask the Cooking Expert and You Could WIN!!

Posted by on Nov. 6, 2012 at 4:07 PM
  • 247 Replies
2 moms liked this

CafeMom is excited to welcome Kim McCosker, author of the bestselling 4 Ingredients Cookbook series, to Recipes for Busy Moms! Kim will be taking your cooking questions until November 14th.

Kim has developed a simple and creative surefire guide, highlighting easy-to-make, delicious, and inexpensive meals made with just 4 ingredients to feed any size family, without breaking the wallet. She’s established an ingenious collection of sweet and savory recipes full of flavor and fresh, easy-to-find ingredients.

Want to know how you can feed your family with 4 simple ingredients? Ask your questions here!  Kim will answer your questions November 6th through November 14th. Four moms who ask a question will win a copy of Kim's book, 4 Ingredient Christmas: Recipes for a Simply Yummy Holiday.

Front Cover

For more information, please visit Kim on Facebook, Twitter, and Pinterest.

Giveaway rules:

• The Recipes for Busy Moms Expert giveaway starts 11/6/12 at 4pm (ET) and ends 11/14/12 at 11pm (ET) (the "Giveaway Period").
  • Enter by replying to this post with an appropriate comment during the Giveaway Period.
  • Multiple entries are permitted and encouraged, as it increases your chances of winning.
  • Four winners will be selected in a random drawing of all eligible entries to receive 4 Ingredient Christmas: Recipes for a Simply Yummy Holiday.
  • The random drawing shall occur on or about 11/21/12.
  • No Purchase Necessary.
  • Open to US, DC, and PR residents 16 years and older.
  • Void where prohibited. Click here for the rest of the Official Rules.

congratulations       ....and the WINNERS are...  

SweetLuci   kerryket  rebeccan3  Hartbrayka

You have each won
            4 Ingredient Christmas: Recipes for a Simply Yummy Holiday!

by on Nov. 6, 2012 at 4:07 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
periwinkle163
by Mandy on Nov. 6, 2012 at 4:36 PM
1 mom liked this

What is your favorite recipe?

SweetLuci
by Luci on Nov. 6, 2012 at 5:40 PM
1 mom liked this

Do you have a great crockpot recipe to share?

SweetLuci
by Luci on Nov. 6, 2012 at 5:41 PM

What's your favorite recipe when time is short?

goddess99
by Michelle on Nov. 6, 2012 at 6:32 PM
1 mom liked this

I've just started cooking and baking more and trying to update my old cookware. What are the pieces you would recommend having my your kitchen?

4ingredients
by on Nov. 6, 2012 at 10:40 PM

Hi Cafe Mom

Thank you so very much for the opportunity to share ... I believe that the more you give in life, the more that comes back to you - so happy to answer ANY questions (hmmmm ... I should clarify, about food in particular as that is what has become my passion and my specialty!)

Excited to start xx

4ingredients
by on Nov. 6, 2012 at 10:52 PM
3 moms liked this

Hi Mandy

I must start by saying what a cute photo, I have 3 beautiful boys so no pretty pink ballerinas in sight!!!!

I have been asked this question many a time and my opinion regularly changes ... Like for eg., I'm in New York tonight and it's SOOOO Chilly, so my favourite recipe is SOUP ... Hot Soup and in particular my;

French Onion Soup

*4 tablespoons butter

* 6 onions, thinly sliced

* 2 teaspoons chopped fresh thyme

* 6 cups beef stock

In a deep pot, melt the butter and just as it begins to brown, add the onions. Season with cracked pepper and thyme. Cook stirring, until onions are tender, sweet and a lovely caramel colour, 10 - 15 minutes. Add the stock and cover the pot. Bring to the boil, reduce heat and simmer for 15 mintues ... Yummmmmmie :o)

Mandy it's that delicious blend of buttery onions and thyme that will have you and your family running back for more in this chilly weather!

Let me know if you give it a go and how you did?

Happy Cooking 

Kim xx

www.facebook.com/4ingredientspage

4ingredients
by on Nov. 6, 2012 at 11:03 PM
1 mom liked this

Hi Luci

Gotta loooooove a good sturdy crockpot and especially so as the weather starts to cool.

I do soups and stews, casseroles and chowders in my trusty crockpot and of them all here is one I make that my boys absolutely DEVOUR (which as a busy Mum makes my heart sing ... As opposted to "I don'g like that!!!" Which makes my blood boil!)

Pulled Pork 

* 3lb. boneless pork roast

* 2/3 cup apple cider vinegar

* 1 1/2 cups smokey BBQ sauce

Trim any fat from the pork, sprinkle with sea salt. Place in a crockpot and pour vinegar over the roast Cover and cook on low for 8 hours or until the pork is fork-tender and simply 'pulls' away easily. Remove the roast from the pot, drain the liquid, shred the meat, add back to the pot and stir in the BBQ sauce. Cook until warmed through.

Luci, I like to serve piled onto wholemeal breadrolls topped with freshly made coleslaw ... nom, nom, nom!  But it's also nice with seasonally, roasted vegetables.

Happy Cooking 

Kim xx

4ingredients
by on Nov. 6, 2012 at 11:14 PM

Miss Goddess (Michelley)

OOOOH to be in your shoes all over and have so much of life in front of me (not that I'm on my death bed, far from it, but totally scary how quickly the years are passing!!!!)

My love, I would suggest a $40-50 investment in a good basic essential cookware set. Generally it is more economical to buy a 21 or 25 piece set, than individual pieces. Ideally it would include; 2 pots, 1 skillet, a set of knives, spatuals etc.

Do some quick research on the inet (here is a link I found that I thought you might like http://www.sears.com/basic-essentials-25-pc-stainless-steel-mega-set/p-00866190000P ) then head into a store and pick it up, feel it, and ultimatley choose the one you like the most.

Make sure you let me know how you go ... Stay Fabulous :o)

Happy Cooking

Kim xx

KaylaMillar
by Kayla on Nov. 6, 2012 at 11:37 PM
1 mom liked this
What your favorite meatless dish?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
suzy1125
by on Nov. 6, 2012 at 11:42 PM
1 mom liked this
Hi lol i do have a question about chicken boobs? How can i cook them without them turning out so dry? My hubs bbq's them cause i cant bake or crockpot them without them ending up dry lol. Please help!
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)