Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Recipes for Busy Moms Recipes for Busy Moms

Catered thanksgiving

Posted by on Nov. 17, 2012 at 5:29 PM
  • 12 Replies

So i just had the baby 2 weeks ago so we arent going to my in-laws like we would typically do. My mom is in town and doesnt cook and it will just be me, DH, my mom, 3 year old and new baby anyways. So she ordered a "thankgiving feast to go" from one of the local restaurants. Have you ever had thanksgiving catered???

by on Nov. 17, 2012 at 5:29 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
SuperPickle
by Gold Member on Nov. 17, 2012 at 5:50 PM

I have acutally volunteered to make something like that for families for one reason or another on several occasions, but myself no I have never had the need to.

Congrats on the baby!!

periwinkle163
by on Nov. 17, 2012 at 7:00 PM

No but it sounds like an awesome idea~!

mylilprincesses
by Paula on Nov. 17, 2012 at 7:09 PM

for thanksgiving we are bringing to my inlaws to a thankgiving package from the grocery store.. all we will have to do is heat up the Ham.. or turkey which ever we decide to get.

PinkButterfly66
by New Member on Nov. 17, 2012 at 7:50 PM

I've ordered the "cooked" thanksgiving dinner from the grocery store once.  You still have to heat up everything.  I'd much rather just go out to a restaurant for thanksgiving.   

KaylaMillar
by Kayla on Nov. 17, 2012 at 9:33 PM
I never have. Let us know how it is!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
SweetLuci
by Luci on Nov. 17, 2012 at 9:38 PM

I haven't, but I enjoy doing the cooking-plus I hadn't just given birth. I have a friend who does this every year. There's a really funny line in the movie "The Blind Side" where's there's a beautifully laid table with Thanksgiving dinner and the dad smiles and says something like, "kids thank your mother for picking up this delicious meal".  I think it's sweet of your mom to do this.

Kimberly954
by on Nov. 17, 2012 at 9:59 PM

Love that movie. Most times i enjoy cooking as well.

Quoting SweetLuci:

I haven't, but I enjoy doing the cooking-plus I hadn't just given birth. I have a friend who does this every year. There's a really funny line in the movie "The Blind Side" where's there's a beautifully laid table with Thanksgiving dinner and the dad smiles and says something like, "kids thank your mother for picking up this delicious meal".  I think it's sweet of your mom to do this.

Basherte
by on Nov. 18, 2012 at 1:37 PM

I have never had thanksgiving catered. My aunt one year took us all to a restaurant to have thanksgiving meal there. Or whatever we wanted to order.

That was one year. She didn't feel like cooking after working in the hospital for that many hours. 

Congrats on the new addition to the family!!

kimber2465
by Member on Nov. 18, 2012 at 1:46 PM

we were just talking about this last night. my parents are coming to visit for the week. my mom said i shouldn't have to cook everyday that they are here-lol my oldest has to work thanksgiving day til 3. so  mom suggested to go out. hub said why don't we just get a meal for the house. i  still have decided what yet-lol

goddess99
by Michelle on Nov. 19, 2012 at 10:25 AM

I haven't but I would. Hope you enjoy it.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)