Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Recipes for Busy Moms Recipes for Busy Moms

Owning a food business...

Posted by on Dec. 3, 2012 at 9:52 AM
  • 10 Replies

Ever wonder what that would be like? I just read a novel by a woman who writes about food for magazines, and I thought it would be a good read for someone who has wondered what it would be like to have a food business while trying to raise a family. The cover notes say, "Take one organic food venture, add two kids, season with mayhem." It's called Julia's Child by Sarah Pinneo. There are even a few healthy but toddler friendly Muffets (muffins). I saw this in the library on a display of books with food themes, and I'm glad I checked it out. It was a fun read, but had very realistic situations of what can happen. Been there, done that.

by on Dec. 3, 2012 at 9:52 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
goddess99
by Michelle on Dec. 3, 2012 at 10:09 AM

I laways thought about owning my own bar. Bartending was my fav job.

Kimberly954
by on Dec. 3, 2012 at 12:52 PM

haha no desire here to own anything food related! I want to own my own kids consignment shop but in my area rent is too high. I have run the numbers several times on the area i would want to put the shop but i just cannot make the business plan come out profitable. boooo

OliviaW.
by on Dec. 3, 2012 at 1:47 PM

I always thought about owning my own resturant.

KaylaMillar
by Kayla on Dec. 3, 2012 at 5:00 PM
I think it would be awesome to own my own business
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
periwinkle163
by Mandy on Dec. 3, 2012 at 7:21 PM

I've always wanted to own a little place to throw children's birthday parties, especially tea parties.

SweetLuci
by Luci on Dec. 3, 2012 at 8:13 PM

When you own a bar, if it doesn't sell you don't have to throw it away; it doesn't spoil. I once worked as a bartender in a beachside luxury tourist hotel. I loved it.

Quoting goddess99:

I laways thought about owning my own bar. Bartending was my fav job.

KamsOne
by Jen on Dec. 4, 2012 at 7:27 PM

I can't imagine how much work it would be to own a restaurant or other food business.  I wouldn't mind working there but I wouldn't want to be the owner.

mylilprincesses
by Paula on Dec. 4, 2012 at 11:50 PM

have you considered doing it through Etsy? i have a friend who started her consignment shop through etsy and over the few years had a great turn out. probably got cheaper than doing in a store front. :)

Quoting Kimberly954:

haha no desire here to own anything food related! I want to own my own kids consignment shop but in my area rent is too high. I have run the numbers several times on the area i would want to put the shop but i just cannot make the business plan come out profitable. boooo

mylilprincesses
by Paula on Dec. 4, 2012 at 11:54 PM
i really enjoy baking.. but its not something i could ever see myself doing as a full time/business owning thing.
delanna6two
by Ruby Member on Dec. 7, 2012 at 11:53 AM

I've never owned one but I think it would take a lot of hard work.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)