Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Recipes for Busy Moms Recipes for Busy Moms

Food gifts

Posted by on Dec. 3, 2012 at 2:25 PM
  • 25 Replies

Do you give anyone food gifts? What type of food (cookie mix in a jar, homemade breads, etc) and who do you give it to typically (teachers, mail man, etc)?

by on Dec. 3, 2012 at 2:25 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Bradensmommy719
by on Dec. 3, 2012 at 4:08 PM
Usually I make cookies and fudge for my family. This year I'm not.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
KaylaMillar
by Kayla on Dec. 3, 2012 at 4:59 PM
I don't think I've ever done good gifts
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
periwinkle163
by on Dec. 3, 2012 at 7:22 PM

I think this year I am going to do a goodie sampler, chocolate covered pretzels, cake pops, hard rock candy, oreo pops, and maybe buckeyes.

periwinkle163
by on Dec. 3, 2012 at 7:33 PM

I've also done mini loaves of banana bread, zucchini bread, and apple bread.

goddess99
by Michelle on Dec. 3, 2012 at 7:39 PM

Everyone on my list is getting homemade candy.

saphiraka
by on Dec. 3, 2012 at 7:41 PM

This year finacially I can't afford gifts for all the adults in my family.. Im am putting together some baskets with a christmas bowl of cookies (peanut butter, chocolate chip, christmas shaped sugar cookies, and mollasses cookies) and 4 mini loaves of Banana nut bread, pumpkin bread, applesauce bread, and some chocolate cherry nut bread.  Going to scatter some hershey's kisses and  unshelled nuts in the basket as well and giving them to the couples rather than individuals.  Everyone always likes my cooking at holidays and with my husband out of work  I would rather make sure all the childeren recieve a toy and I don't want to make the adults feel totally leftout.  I always have lots of baking stuff on hand so its really not an extra expense.

SweetLuci
by Luci on Dec. 3, 2012 at 10:06 PM

I've done lots of different things, baskets of cookies, candy, seasoning mixes, quick breads, soup mix. Some years I've done it for family, sometimes for teachers, mailman, yardman. One year when time got away from me, I gave everyone certificates for food gifts that would be delivered in two weeks. That had the best response ever! They all said they loved it because they got too much stuff at Christmas.

Kimberly954
by on Dec. 3, 2012 at 10:17 PM

I was thinking about a food gift for dd's preschool teachers.

Quoting SweetLuci:

I've done lots of different things, baskets of cookies, candy, seasoning mixes, quick breads, soup mix. Some years I've done it for family, sometimes for teachers, mailman, yardman. One year when time got away from me, I gave everyone certificates for food gifts that would be delivered in two weeks. That had the best response ever! They all said they loved it because they got too much stuff at Christmas.

SweetLuci
by Luci on Dec. 3, 2012 at 10:22 PM

I bet they would like that. I think they often get mugs, toiletries, knick knacks-"#1 Teacher" gadgets. Lots of things they don't know what to do with. It would be nice if your dd could "help", even if it's just a little.

Quoting Kimberly954:

I was thinking about a food gift for dd's preschool teachers.

Quoting SweetLuci:

SweetLuci
by Luci on Dec. 3, 2012 at 10:23 PM

Breads are always good. I put instructions that it can be frozen for later.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN