Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

cookies

Posted by on Dec. 12, 2012 at 10:10 AM
  • 6 Replies

no matter how hard i try or what i do i cant get my cookies to stay soft after they cool any advice i wanna make christmas cookies but i hate that they will get hard

by on Dec. 12, 2012 at 10:10 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
OliviaW.
by on Dec. 12, 2012 at 10:11 AM

What type of cookie are you making and how long are you baking it for?

boppysmom2007
by on Dec. 12, 2012 at 10:18 AM

cocco chip and what ever time the bag of betty crocker says ive even tried to pull them out early to see if that would work and it didnt

goddess99
by on Dec. 12, 2012 at 10:23 AM

I'm not much of a cookie baker but when I do, I make them a bit thicker/bigger than normal and as soon as they cool I put them in an air tight container.

OliviaW.
by on Dec. 12, 2012 at 12:04 PM

Quoting boppysmom2007:

cocco chip and what ever time the bag of betty crocker says ive even tried to pull them out early to see if that would work and it didnt

Does this bag have all the dry ingredients in them and all you have to do is add some wet ones? If so I have found out that the bags like that the cookies do get hard alot faster cause the ingredients are normally older and you have no idea how long they sit on the shelf before you buy them. One thing that I have found is a chunk of bread in a air tight container with the cookies can help keep them moist. 

I normally buy the ingredients and put everything in a jar. That way when I want to make cookies I just empty the jar and add the wet ingredients and bake. 

Kimberly954
by on Dec. 13, 2012 at 9:10 PM

i suck at cookies as well

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)