Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Easy stuffed pork chops??

Posted by on Dec. 12, 2012 at 12:48 PM
  • 6 Replies
Does anyone have a recipe for easy stuffed pork chops?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Dec. 12, 2012 at 12:48 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
delanna6two
by Ruby Member on Dec. 13, 2012 at 10:11 AM

Hi, I googled this recipe from cdkitchen.com

Baked Stuffed Pork Chops

3 1/2 cups stuffing mix, prepared
8 pork chops, cut with pockets
salt and pepper

Heat oven to 350 degrees F.

Fill pork chops with prepared stuffing. Fasten edges with wooden picks. Place stuffed chops flat side down in single layer in shallow baking pan; do not crowd. Sprinkle with salt and pepper; cover pan tightly with foil. Bake at 350 degrees F about 1 hour. Uncover and continue baking about 30 minutes or until browned and tender.

delanna6two
by Ruby Member on Dec. 13, 2012 at 10:14 AM

A crockpot version googled from cooks.com

EASY STUFFED PORK CHOPS

4 thick center cut pork chops for stuffing (approx. 2 inches thick with a slit cut in meat)
2 c. Stove Top stuffing
1 can cream of mushroom soup

Stuff pork chops with stuffing. Layer, or stand in crock pot. Top with soup mixed with a little milk. Cook on low 6 to 8 hours or on high 4 hours.

delanna6two
by Ruby Member on Dec. 13, 2012 at 10:17 AM

Another version from preparedpantry.com

Dressing Stuffed Pork Chops

Stuffed Pork ChopsA classic way to stuff pork chops is with a bread dressing similar to the dressing that you would use with a turkey.  This is an easy version since it uses the packaged dressing mixes found at the grocery store.  Of course, you can use your favorite Thanksgiving-time recipe. 

Ingredients

1 1/4 cups seasoned stuffing mix

1 tablespoon butter
1/4 cup chopped celery
1/4 cup chopped onion

4 (3/4 inch thick) pork chops

1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
1/2 teaspoon sage
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/8 teaspoon pepper

Directions

1. Prepare the stuffing mix according to package directions.  Set aside.
  2. In the butter, sauté the chopped celery and onion until just tender.  Add these vegetables to the dressing.
  3. With a fillet or other thin-bladed knife, cut the pockets in the pork chops.  Place the pork chops on a cutting board.  Holding the knife parallel to the board, cut a pocket into the pork, starting from the fatty side and going nearly all the way through but leaving the sides intact and the opening small.
  4. In a small bowl, mix the thyme, sage, salt, and pepper together.  Rub the mixture into the pork chops on both sides. 
  5. Stuff about 1/3 cup of the dressing into the pork chops, reserving any that does not fit into the pockets.  Push the dressing far into the pocket of each pork chop with the dressing pushed away from the opening.  Push two toothpicks diagonally through the outer edges of the pork chop to secure the opening. 
  6. You can now cook the pork chops on the grill, in a skillet, in the oven.  To cook the pork chops in a skillet, cook them in butter for about six to eight minutes on each side or until done.  To cook them on the grill, brush the pork chops with oil and then cook them for four to eight minutes on each side over medium heat.  To bake them in the oven, place the pork chops on a lightly oiled baking sheet (or on a rack on a baking sheet if you would like to keep the pork chops out of the pan juices).  Cover the pan with aluminum foil and tightly press the foil around the edges to trap steam and keep the chops from drying out.  Bake for about 45 minutes at 350 degrees. 

Serve hot as they are or with a gravy, chutney, or cranberry sauce.

Kimberly954
by on Dec. 13, 2012 at 7:21 PM

Basically what I do but i amp it up a bit. I add a box of frozen spinach thawed and squeezed of water and i also add a handful of craisens to the stuffing mix. Stuff it in the chop. And I glaze with melted apricot jelly. You can follow the cooking directions below. I typically brown in a pan and bake the rest of the way but this looks easier to cook it completely in the oven.

Quoting delanna6two:

Baked Stuffed Pork Chops

salt and pepper

Fill pork chops with prepared stuffing. Fasten edges with wooden picks. Place stuffed chops flat side down in single layer in shallow baking pan; do not crowd. Sprinkle with salt and pepper; cover pan tightly with foil. Bake at 350 degrees F about 1 hour. Uncover and continue baking about 30 minutes or until browned and tender.

SweetLuci
by Luci on Dec. 14, 2012 at 7:48 AM

This is the way I make mine

Stuffed Pork Chops

2 tablespoons vegetable oil

4 thick cut pork chops

3 cups day-old bread cubes

1/4 cup butter, melted

1/4 cup chicken broth

2 tablespoons chopped celery

2 tablespoons chopped onion

1/4 teaspoon poultry seasoning

1 (10.75 ounce) can condensed cream of mushroom soup

1/3 cup water

1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. In a skillet, heat the oil and brown the pork chops. Place the pork chops in a baking dish.
3. In a bowl, toss the bread cubes, melted butter, chicken broth, celery, onion, and poultry seasoning together. Put heaping mounds of the bread crumb mixture onto the pork chops.
4. Combine the cream of mushroom soup with the water, and pour this mixture over the stuffing and pork chops.
5. Cover and bake for 30 minutes.
6. Uncover and continue baking for 10 minutes longer or until juices run clear. The meat thermometer should read 145.

SweetLuci
by Luci on Dec. 14, 2012 at 7:51 AM

That sounds really good.

Quoting Kimberly954:

Basically what I do but i amp it up a bit. I add a box of frozen spinach thawed and squeezed of water and i also add a handful of craisens to the stuffing mix. Stuff it in the chop. And I glaze with melted apricot jelly. You can follow the cooking directions below. I typically brown in a pan and bake the rest of the way but this looks easier to cook it completely in the oven.

Quoting delanna6two:

Baked Stuffed Pork Chops

salt and pepper

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)