Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Recipes for Busy Moms Recipes for Busy Moms

What happens at your house on Christmas Eve? Do you have a special meal? Do you have some special things you do each year?

by on Dec. 18, 2012 at 7:47 AM
Replies (11-20):
SuperPickle
by Gold Member on Dec. 19, 2012 at 10:24 AM

I havent planned dinner yet, it wont be anything over the top though....We go out to a movie(The Hobbit this year) and when we come home Santa has left us all some jammies.

Elesmommy
by on Dec. 19, 2012 at 1:34 PM
1 mom liked this
We are still creating our traditions. This year my mom and stepdad are coming to Texas for Christmas and we are going to SeaWorld on Christmas Eve. DD will get to see Santa and Shamu for Christmas.
delanna6two
by Ruby Member on Dec. 19, 2012 at 2:55 PM

I'm usually wrapping gifts or maybe watch some Christmas Specials/movies.

Tam_and_Fam
by on Dec. 19, 2012 at 6:46 PM

this year my bro will be cooking a nice meal (his first time having xmas at his house).  But up until this year we always have snacks or pizza and open our gifts.  Santa used to save one good gift for Xmas day and our stockings.  Now that I have children we used to do this, but since my brother is a fireman and my husband in the military, we have to do things when it can fit into their at home schedule.

karone04
by Member on Dec. 20, 2012 at 6:06 AM

Usually if my mom is working christmas day we celebrate with her on christmas eve then go to the inlaws on christmas day. This year is different because we are driving down to Florida tomorrow and spending the week with extended inlaws.

KamsOne
by Jen on Dec. 20, 2012 at 9:01 PM

Well..I used to do my Christmas shopping on Christmas Eve but I've gotten better!  lol. 

The only real tradition I have is to watch "It's a Wonderful Life" while wrapping presents.  This year we will go to church also.

SweetLuci
by Luci on Dec. 20, 2012 at 9:14 PM

Where in Florida?

Quoting karone04:

Usually if my mom is working christmas day we celebrate with her on christmas eve then go to the inlaws on christmas day. This year is different because we are driving down to Florida tomorrow and spending the week with extended inlaws.

msmom29
by on Dec. 20, 2012 at 9:17 PM
Well this is our first Christmas all together, hubby was deployed last year. But we are having a full breakfast for dinner, homefries, eggs, bacon, sausage, toast and probably pancakes for my daughter she's not big on eggs. And we will let her and baby brother open a gift which will pj's and a movie, and will plan on doing that until they are out of the house. :)
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
SweetLuci
by Luci on Dec. 20, 2012 at 9:17 PM

We have lots of Seafood to honor DH's Italian heritage. We get to open a package of new pajamas, and kids get to open one present from mom & dad.

SweetLuci
by Luci on Dec. 22, 2012 at 9:46 AM
1 mom liked this

Sounds like fun. Glad your hubby is home this year. Please thank him for his service and for keeping us safe I'm glad he's home with you this year.

Quoting msmom29:

Well this is our first Christmas all together, hubby was deployed last year. But we are having a full breakfast for dinner, homefries, eggs, bacon, sausage, toast and probably pancakes for my daughter she's not big on eggs. And we will let her and baby brother open a gift which will pj's and a movie, and will plan on doing that until they are out of the house. :)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN