Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Unexpected gifts...

Posted by on Dec. 20, 2012 at 4:05 PM
  • 12 Replies

What do you do if an unexpected gift shows up and you need to reciprocate? I usually have a few things in gift bags that I can pull out, just in case. This year I have a tin of cookies and candy, but in the past I have had candles, a Christmas ornament, or nuts.If you do this what you you have available for a gift?

gift

by on Dec. 20, 2012 at 4:05 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
frndlyfn
by on Dec. 20, 2012 at 4:32 PM

If i recieve something unexpected I just do a nice thank you note or card.  One year i went to a friends for christmas dinner, I did not expect anything so i took a card for the family as well as one for my friend.  I came home with a box of goodies in return.

KaylaMillar
by on Dec. 20, 2012 at 5:45 PM
I always feel so embarrassed when this happens. I usually run out and get that person something too
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
goddess99
by on Dec. 20, 2012 at 6:20 PM

I have had musical ornaments, candles.

OliviaW.
by on Dec. 20, 2012 at 6:39 PM

I always have hand lotion and bubble bath on hand around this time of year. I stock pile it through out the year so if someone shows up I have something ready just not wrapped or bagged.

KamsOne
by on Dec. 20, 2012 at 8:06 PM

I usually have candles (for the women) and chocolates or nuts (for the men) on hand. 

ZsMommy
by on Dec. 20, 2012 at 8:11 PM

Well-here's an idea-I just made these. All I used was cinnamon scented pine cones ($2.50 for a huge bag @ JoAnn's),red glitter (on hand) ribbon (on hand-purchased 2 years ago) and a glue gun

Instant Christmas ornaments for a few cents each...I'm planning on making sets of 3 or 4 (will use red, gold,silver and possibly a 4th color) to give as gifts next year

(I also make jewelry-so a lot of times I just make something to reciprocate)

SweetLuci
by Luci on Dec. 20, 2012 at 8:24 PM
1 mom liked this

Very nice!

Quoting ZsMommy:

Well-here's an idea-I just made these. All I used was cinnamon scented pine cones ($2.50 for a huge bag @ JoAnn's),red glitter (on hand) ribbon (on hand-purchased 2 years ago) and a glue gun

Instant Christmas ornaments for a few cents each...I'm planning on making sets of 3 or 4 (will use red, gold,silver and possibly a 4th color) to give as gifts next year

KamsOne
by on Dec. 20, 2012 at 8:33 PM

Those are pretty!!  Homemade ornaments always make a great gift!

Quoting ZsMommy:

ZsMommy
by on Dec. 20, 2012 at 8:36 PM

Quoting KamsOne:

Those are pretty!!  Homemade ornaments always make a great gift!

Quoting ZsMommy:

Kimberly954
by on Dec. 20, 2012 at 10:26 PM

I send a thank you note. If i give someone something, i am not expecting anything in return.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)