Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I'm drowning in repetiveness

Posted by on Dec. 28, 2012 at 12:09 AM
  • 22 Replies

Hey.  My name is Becky and I am new to CM.  This looks like the group for me.  I love to cook and am pretty decent at it but I get so tired of fixing the same things over and over again.  Part of that is that I have a husband who is kind of picky.  My palette is much more advanced than his.  I am really looking forward to trying new things since it just him and me now (my daughter is a freshman in college now).  Maybe I can get him to be a little more adventurous so I look forward to getting some new ideas and tips from all of you.

by on Dec. 28, 2012 at 12:09 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
ZsMommy
by Bronze Member on Dec. 28, 2012 at 12:25 AM

What do you typically make?

MixedCooke
by Member on Dec. 28, 2012 at 1:08 AM

ENCHILADAS, SHEPHERDS PIE, TURKEY STOUP (STEW AND SOUP), CHICKEN FLORENTINE, PEPPER STEAK STIR FRY--International menu.

epoh
by on Dec. 28, 2012 at 7:08 AM
Welcome! We have loads of recipes. The search function is awesome also and if I'm not mistaken, there's a thread in here somewhere w a bunch of links to threads with various recipes.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
KamsOne
by Jen on Dec. 28, 2012 at 8:37 AM

Welcome!  I was in the same rut as you before I found CM.  Love it here!

Here is a link to the recipe forum in this group.  TONS of awesome recipes in there.

http://www.cafemom.com/group/107096/forums/read/14018847/_Recipes_for_Busy_Moms_Cookbook

KaylaMillar
by Kayla on Dec. 28, 2012 at 10:24 AM
Welcome to the group! I try and make a new recipe once a week. Like you, I was sick of all the same things.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Kimberly954
by Kim on Dec. 28, 2012 at 10:31 AM

welcome!!
I am like kayla....try to make one new meal a week.

Nford2012
by on Dec. 28, 2012 at 11:36 AM

I am pretty much stuck in that same place accept I have little ones and they are super picky. I have acid reflux so I do have to be careful somewhat but like you said I get burnt out on cooking the same things over and over again and it makes me not even want to cook to be honest with you. lol My husband doesn't eat pork so we are limited to chicken and ground beef pretty much and there are only so many things you can do with those two meets lol.

Quoting momeza0409:

Hey.  My name is Becky and I am new to CM.  This looks like the group for me.  I love to cook and am pretty decent at it but I get so tired of fixing the same things over and over again.  Part of that is that I have a husband who is kind of picky.  My palette is much more advanced than his.  I am really looking forward to trying new things since it just him and me now (my daughter is a freshman in college now).  Maybe I can get him to be a little more adventurous so I look forward to getting some new ideas and tips from all of you.

goddess99
by Michelle on Dec. 28, 2012 at 12:21 PM

Welcome to the group!

periwinkle163
by Mandy on Dec. 28, 2012 at 12:34 PM

Welcome to the group!

mylilprincesses
by Paula on Dec. 28, 2012 at 6:46 PM

Welcome to the group!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)