This recipe from Pillsbury looks so good. I'm anxious to try it.
- Chicken Marsala
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 8 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 2 jars (6 oz each) Green Giant® sliced mushrooms, drained
- 1 cup sweet Marsala wine or Progresso® chicken broth (from 32-oz carton)
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/4 cup cornstarch
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
1 Spray 4- to 5-quart slow cooker with cooking spray. In cooker, place garlic and oil. Sprinkle chicken with salt and pepper; place in cooker over garlic. Place mushrooms over chicken; pour wine over all.
2 Cover; cook on Low heat setting 5 to 6 hours.
3 Remove chicken from cooker; place on plate and cover to keep warm. In small bowl, mix water and cornstarch until smooth; stir into liquid in cooker. Increase heat setting to High; cover and cook about 10 minutes or until sauce is slightly thickened.
4 Return chicken to cooker. Cover; cook on High heat setting 5 minutes longer or until chicken is hot.
5 To serve, spoon mushroom mixture over chicken breasts; sprinkle with parsley.