Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Recipes for Busy Moms Recipes for Busy Moms

i need a recipe for chicken broccoli rice casserole

Posted by on Dec. 31, 2012 at 4:57 PM
  • 8 Replies
It needs to be easy. And without cheese.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Dec. 31, 2012 at 4:57 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
frndlyfn
by Bronze Member on Dec. 31, 2012 at 5:17 PM

Just dont add the cheese for this one ........

CHICKEN - RICE - BROCCOLI CASSEROLE 
1 (10 oz.) pkg. frozen broccoli
2 c. cooked, cubed chicken
2 c. cooked rice
1 c. Velveeta cheese, grated
1 (10 oz.) can cream of mushroom soup
1 (3 oz.) can French fried onions
1 soup can milk

Cook broccoli according to package directions. Combine chicken, rice, cheese, broccoli, and soup. Add 1 soup can of milk; mix well. Pour in buttered 1 1/2 quart casserole. Top with onions. Bake in 350 degree oven for 30 minutes or until onions are brown and crisp.
ZakkarysMom
by Member on Dec. 31, 2012 at 5:51 PM
Would it work without the french fried onions? And could i put it in a 13 x 9 in pan? Like a cake pan.. Ive never made a casserole. lol

Quoting frndlyfn:

2 c. cooked rice
1 soup can milk

Cook broccoli according to package directions. Combine chicken, rice, cheese, broccoli, and soup. Add 1 soup can of milk; mix well. Pour in buttered 1 1/2 quart casserole. Top with onions. Bake in 350 degree oven for 30 minutes or until onions are brown and crisp.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
frndlyfn
by Bronze Member on Dec. 31, 2012 at 5:54 PM

Yes.  a casserole pan is typically the size of 13x9  at least mine is LOL  We use a glass one for cakes and casseroles.  You can customize the topping since it is used for crunch.  We have used crushed ritz crackers in the past as well.

Quoting ZakkarysMom:

Would it work without the french fried onions? And could i put it in a 13 x 9 in pan? Like a cake pan.. Ive never made a casserole. lol

Quoting frndlyfn:

2 c. cooked rice
1 soup can milk

Kimberly954
by on Dec. 31, 2012 at 9:17 PM

I just posted the one i use for someone else......hold on, i will find it.

Kimberly954
by on Dec. 31, 2012 at 9:19 PM

Chicken Broccoli Rice Casserole

Author/Source:

Kim @ Onceamonthmom.com

Ingredients:

Directions:

Cook brown rice according to package instructions on the stove top or in a rice cooker. Meanwhile, in a large pot, steam broccoli florets until just tender. Drain and rinse with cold water. Combine all ingredients in a large mixing bowl, reserving .5 cup of shredded cheese. Mix well to combine. Divide casserole between two 8 x 8 greased baking pans or one larger pan. Sprinkle each with .25 cups shredded cheese. Bake at 350 degrees for 25-30 minutes, until heated through and bubbly.

Freezing Directions:

Follow directions above and freeze before baking. TO SERVE: Thaw and bake as directed above.

Kimberly954
by on Dec. 31, 2012 at 9:21 PM

If you are omiting cheese, is it because of lactose intollerance? If so, "cream of" soups are also dairy. In that case you would have to make your own soup mix with lactose free milk. And I use cheddar rice shreds from Whole Foods as a dairy free substitute (or i add cheese and just take a lactaid pill).

If you are omiting cheese because you dont want the extra calories, i would add a little milk to the recipe to make sure its not dry.

KamsOne
by Jen on Jan. 1, 2013 at 11:36 AM
1 mom liked this

I don't think I've seen a recipe for this without using cheese or a cream of soup.  You could maybe make it with a gravy?  Otherwise I would think  it would probably be too dry.

SweetLuci
by Luci on Jan. 1, 2013 at 1:28 PM

You can justleave the cheese out, but you need to add more soup or about 1/2 cup milk so it won't be dry.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN