Mashed Cauliflower instead of mashed potatoes.
- 8 cups bite-size cauliflower florets (about 1 head)
- 4 cloves garlic, crushed and peeled
- 1/3 cup nonfat buttermilk
- 4 teaspoons extra-virgin olive oil, divided
- 1 teaspoon butter
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Freshly ground pepper to taste
- Snipped fresh chives for garnish
- Place cauliflower florets and garlic in a steamer basket over boiling water, cover and steam until very tender, 12 to 15 minutes. (Alternatively, place florets and garlic in a microwave-safe bowl with 1/4 cup water, cover and microwave on High for 3 to 5 minutes.)
- Place the cooked cauliflower and garlic in a food processor. Add buttermilk, 2 teaspoons oil, butter, salt and pepper; pulse several times, then process until smooth and creamy. Transfer to a serving bowl. Drizzle with the remaining 2 teaspoons oil and garnish with chives, if desired. Serve hot.
This recipe and image from Eating Well. Lots of other great ideas in Holiday Foods at:
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.