I want to try this recipe from
Holiday food & entertaining Dixie Ultra
Eat this, instead of this...
We all know the holiday season is big on cheer... and calories. Check out these healthier options for holiday foods.
...instead of Green Bean Casserole
- 1 1/2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 1/2 cups diced red potato
- 1/2 cup chopped celery
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/4 pounds green beans, trimmed
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/3 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 3/4 pound plum tomatoes, peeled and coarsely chopped
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon ground red pepper
- Heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add garlic to pan; sauté 30 seconds, stirring constantly.
- Add potato, celery, salt, and beans; sauté 1 minute.
- Add 1/4 cup water; cover and cook 5 minutes or until beans are crisp-tender.
- Add cilantro and tomatoes. Cover, reduce heat, and cook 4 minutes or until tomatoes begin to soften, stirring occasionally.
- Stir in peppers.