Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Recipes for Busy Moms Recipes for Busy Moms

What Is Your Favorite...

Posted by on Jan. 1, 2013 at 5:56 PM
  • 25 Replies
1 mom liked this

Chicken Dish??  Share your recipe please!

Chase (1-1-99)  Lila & Carson (7-16-00)  Demi (5-4-07)  Cooper & Carter (3-23-11)  Ava (2-2-12)

by on Jan. 1, 2013 at 5:56 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
mom2priceboys
by Bronze Member on Jan. 1, 2013 at 6:54 PM

salsa chicken over rice from the crockpot!!! Super simple - a few frozen breasts (from bag) a jar of salsa and a few tablespoons of whatever jelly I have in the refer, maybe half cup water, depending on salsa then put all in crock and go.About half hour before serving make white rice - this entree is a staple in my house!!!

goddess99
by Michelle on Jan. 1, 2013 at 8:21 PM

I've been baking chicken breasts dipped in flour, egg, then French's french fried onions. YUM

Kimberly954
by on Jan. 1, 2013 at 9:37 PM
1 mom liked this

I have a couple.

One simple one is i mix one can cream of chicken with 1/2 can milk and pour over chicken and bake. Makes a good gravy to go over potatoes.

Kimberly954
by on Jan. 1, 2013 at 9:38 PM
1 mom liked this

Russian Chicken:

1 packet onion soup mix, 1 small jar apricot jelly, 1 small container russian (or catalina) dressing. Mix together, pour over chicken and bake. serve over rice.

Kimberly954
by on Jan. 1, 2013 at 9:39 PM
1 mom liked this

And my familys new favorite.......

Baked Sweet and Sour Chicken

The chicken coating:

3-4 boneless chicken breasts
salt + pepper
1 cup cornstarch
2 eggs, beaten
1/4 cup canola oil

The sweet and sour sauce:

3/4 cup sugar
4 tbs ketchup
1/2 cup distilled white vinegar
1 tbs soy sauce
1 tsp garlic salt

Start by preheating your oven to 325 degrees. Rinse your chicken breasts in water and then cut into cubes. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Dip chicken into the cornstarch to coat then dip into the eggs.  Heat your 1/4 cup oil in a large skillet and cook your chicken until browned but not cooked through. Place the chicken in a 9x13 greased baking dish. Mix all of your sweet and sour sauce ingredients in a bowl with a whisk and then pour evenly over the chicken. Bake for one hour and during the baking process you will need to turn the chicken every 15 minutes.  
SweetLuci
by Luci on Jan. 1, 2013 at 9:54 PM

I haven't thought of this in a long time. It's really good.

Quoting Kimberly954:

Russian Chicken:

1 packet onion soup mix, 1 small jar apricot jelly, 1 small container russian (or catalina) dressing. Mix together, pour over chicken and bake. serve over rice.

jessi2girls
by Member on Jan. 1, 2013 at 10:00 PM
1 mom liked this

I like most chicken dishes..

the one I prepare the most, more because it's easiest.. is either chicken breasts marinaded in italian dressing, or in sesame seed ginger marinade...then grilled. (Or in the oven at 375 until cooked.

SweetLuci
by Luci on Jan. 1, 2013 at 10:02 PM
1 mom liked this

Easy Chicken Pot Pie
1 2/3 cups frozen mixed vegetables, thawed
1 cup cut-up cooked chicken
1 can condensed cream of chicken soup
2 teaspoons poultry seasoning, divided
1 cup Bisquick
1/2 cup milk
1 egg
Heat oven to 400. Mix vegetables, chicken, 1 teaspoon poultry seasoning, and soup in ungreased 9" pie plate or baking dish. Stir remaining ingredients, including 1 teaspoon poultry seasoning, until blended. Pour into dish. Bake 30 minutes or till golden brown.

SweetLuci
by Luci on Jan. 1, 2013 at 10:03 PM

Chicken Spaghetti
8 oz. spaghetti
2 Tablespoons butter
2 cups fresh sliced mushroom
1 small onion, chopped
1 package frozen broccoli, thawed
2 can Cream of Chicken Soup
1 cup milk
2 cups cubed cooked chicken
1/3 cup grated Parmesan cheese
Cook spaghetti according to package directions, drain.
In a skillet, melt butter and cook mushrooms and onion until tender, stirring occasionally. Stir in soup and milk and heat through. Return cooked spaghetti to pot. Add soup mixture, chicken, Parmesan and broccoli. Toss lightly until spaghetti is coated, and mixture is heated through. Serve with additional Parmesan.
Notes: you can also used canned mushrooms, and frozen diced onions. For the chicken, I use leftover chicken, or sauté a couple of chicken breasts. After mixing together, this can also be placed in a baking dish, top with breadcrumbs, drizzled with butter and baked in the oven for 25 minutes at 350.

taKENheart
by Silver Member on Jan. 1, 2013 at 11:43 PM

It's probably the pretzel crusted chicken with ginger orange sauce that I made the other day.
There is also a Honey spicy glazed chicken that I love!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)