Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Recipes for Busy Moms Recipes for Busy Moms
I need some ideas for dinner tonight ladies... This is what i have in the house: ALOT of boneless chicken breasts. Eggs. Italian bread crumbs. Barbecue sauce. Various spices. Milk. Potatoes. Hard taco shells. Pace salsa. butter. And your usual deli meats and salad dressing. oh and for the past two nights i made lemon herb roasted chicken and barbecue chicken. my kitchens appliances include oven,stove top,and crock pot... sorry for any mistakes im mobile.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Jan. 2, 2013 at 7:12 PM
Replies (11-15):
KaylaMillar
by Kayla on Jan. 2, 2013 at 11:27 PM
I would bread the chicken and bake it. Serve it with some veggies
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
LA-Blogger-Mom
by on Jan. 3, 2013 at 11:58 AM

here is a really easy chicken recipe on my blog

you need chicken, salt, one egg and french's fried onions (which it looks like you don't have but easy to find in any store) http://www.not-going-out-like-that.com/

Basherte
by on Jan. 3, 2013 at 12:21 PM

Okay.. I know this is a little late for this meal. However, this might help for future referrence. 

malt vinegar

garlic powder

onion powder

red wine (cooking wine will work - just don't add salt)

cilantro

oregano

thyme

rosemary

In a skillet add all of the above. Go by smell and sight. It shouldn't look like there is much more of one than the others. Taste it. If it doesn't make you want to throw up, it's perfect. (LOL You will know what I mean when you taste it)

Then turn on the burner. Add either chicken breast halves or thin slices of chicken breast. Cook until done. Discard liquid in the pan.

Take cilantro, pepper, salt, garlic powder, onion powder.. About 2 tablespoons of each. Sprinkle onto the chicken breast halves. Then take some coarse ground mustard... and spread over the chicken. One side of each piece of chicken. Then put in skillet until done. (I would recommend this with skin on bone in as well if you ever have it, then leave in long enough for the chicken to be done and the skin to be really crunchy)

Take the italian bread crumbs, put in bowl, then take another bowl and do an egg wash with milk, then in third bowl take plain flour, plain bread crumbs, or panko. or a combination of any of those, then dredge in seasoned bread crumbs, egg wash, then: you either dredge in the plain bowl or redredge in the seasoned stuff, then egg wash, then finally in the plain bowl. Make sure that there is a pan (or deep fryer) with oil in it and that the oil is at least 375 degrees. Or that it pops when you drop in one drop of of flour. 

Then deep fry until cooked. If you do strips of the chicken it should only take about 5 minutes if that. The coating will be golden brown. and they will float.

baking dish:

melted butter, shallots (onion with a slightly milder flavor,), white wine, on top of the shallots place the chicken. (this works with fish as well... put fish skin side down even if it is skinless you can tell) then pour some more melted butter. Pop in oven for about 30 minutes. 

If ya want any more ideas let me know. I have tons of cookbooks and I have done a lot of experiments. I have only shared the ones that my husband has agreed with me that they tasted really good. 

My husband (before he met me) has always had this opinion of chicken no matter how it's cooked - Eh, it's chicken.

Since we've been together, he doesn't say that. He tells me that it's really good. There have only been a few times where he will look at me and say "eh, it's chicken" which means that I messed up and the experiment failed. 

I don't ever want my food to be "Eh, it's ___<anything" I want my food to stand out and taste amazing. 

delanna6two
by Ruby Member on Jan. 3, 2013 at 1:57 PM

Salsa Chicken
http://mexicanfood.about.com/od/gotchicken/r/salsachicken.htm

• 4-6 boneless, skinless chicken breasts or thighs
  • 2 cups of salsa
  • 3 cups chicken broth

Preparation:

Bring chicken broth and salsa to a boil in a large pot. Add chicken and simmer for 2 hours. If liquid evaporates to soon, add 1 cup of water. After 2 hours, all of the liquid should be evaporated leaving the chicken and thickened salsa. Use 2 forks to shred the chicken. Serve in tacos or make a burrito with rice and beans.

delanna6two
by Ruby Member on Jan. 3, 2013 at 2:07 PM

Chicken Tacos/razzledazzlerecipes.com (piog)
2 pounds boneless skinless chicken breasts
1 8 ounce jar taco sauce

Place chicken in crockpot with taco sauce; cook on low for 8 hours. When done, stir with a fork to shred chicken and serve in taco shells or soft tortillas with cheese, lettuce and other taco fixings.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)