Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Recipes for Busy Moms Recipes for Busy Moms

Whey protien?

Posted by on Jan. 4, 2013 at 10:30 PM
  • 3 Replies
Does whey protein help weight gain? Any yummy recipes that I can add whey protien to?
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Jan. 4, 2013 at 10:30 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
Srvp20
by on Jan. 4, 2013 at 10:30 PM
*protein
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
KaylaMillar
by Kayla on Jan. 5, 2013 at 5:46 PM
Hmm I have no idea. I'll bump for you though!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
periwinkle163
by on Jan. 5, 2013 at 6:08 PM

I got this from livestrong.com:

Whey Protein

Whey protein comes from the liquid left after milk has been boiled. This liquid is turned into a powder that may be added to drinks, smoothies, casseroles, soups, cereal or baked goods. One scoop of whey protein contains between 80 and 110 calories, depending on the brand. It also provides between 15 g and 25 g of protein.

Strategy

Whey protein may be part of an overall high-calorie diet for weight gain. You can mix whey protein into a smoothie made with 1 1/2 cups low-fat milk, a banana and 2 tbsp.of nut butter for a 570 calorie snack that helps boost your daily intake. You could also add a scoop of vanilla whey protein to your morning oatmeal and a scoop of natural-flavored protein to tomato soup at lunch to boost add another 200 calories per day. In addition to adding calories, increasing activity to stimulate appetite can help. You should also add calories and protein with whole foods, such as meats, fish, yogurt, nuts and beans.

Read more: http://www.livestrong.com/article/533520-does-drinking-whey-protein-powder-help-you-gain-weight/#ixzz2H94mxiyW
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)