Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Recipes for Busy Moms Recipes for Busy Moms

what to make for dinner... humm..

Posted by on Jan. 8, 2013 at 3:48 PM
  • 13 Replies

i need some help with ideas on what to make for dinner.... i have about 2 chicken breasts.. and want to use them.... also have a can of cream of mushroom..

help me with some recipes. :)

by on Jan. 8, 2013 at 3:48 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
periwinkle163
by on Jan. 8, 2013 at 3:50 PM
1 mom liked this

I would make chicken pot pie, with carrots, potatoes, cream of chicken soup. and pie crust.

Off topic I love your kiddos names!

OliviaW.
by on Jan. 8, 2013 at 3:50 PM
1 mom liked this

Fried chicken, mashed potatoes and gravy then some kind of veggie?

OliviaW.
by on Jan. 8, 2013 at 3:51 PM
1 mom liked this

My husband just made a great chicken lasagna the other night. 

mylilprincesses
by Paula on Jan. 8, 2013 at 3:57 PM

that sounds yummy! but i have everything but the veggies to put in it.. we only have the microwave and canned veggies.. :(

thank you. :)

Quoting periwinkle163:

I would make chicken pot pie, with carrots, potatoes, cream of chicken soup. and pie crust.

mylilprincesses
by Paula on Jan. 8, 2013 at 3:59 PM

oo that sounds yummy too!

Quoting OliviaW.:

Fried chicken, mashed potatoes and gravy then some kind of veggie?

mommy_2_be_2010
by on Jan. 8, 2013 at 4:00 PM
1 mom liked this
I'm making chicken alfredo from scratch
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
KaylaMillar
by Kayla on Jan. 8, 2013 at 4:21 PM
1 mom liked this
What about a noodle casserole?
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Kimberly954
by on Jan. 8, 2013 at 5:02 PM
1 mom liked this

I use frozen mixed veggies in mine. I cook the chicken in italian dressing, toss in a handful of either shredded cheese or cream cheese, tablespoon flour, chicken broth, 1/2 cup or so, and frozen veggies. sub your cream soup for the chicken broth and flour if you want. top with pie crust, bisquick drop biscuit mix, whatever, and bake!

Quoting mylilprincesses:

that sounds yummy! but i have everything but the veggies to put in it.. we only have the microwave and canned veggies.. :(

thank you. :)

Quoting periwinkle163:

mom22tumblebugs
by Member on Jan. 8, 2013 at 5:07 PM
1 mom liked this

Just sprinkle with salt paprika and pepper, and top with cream of mushroom soup mixed with half a can of milk, and bake at 350 for 30-40 min or until done. The sides are up to you... bread, rolls, rice... whatever veggie you have on hand.

wait... you only have a microwave to cook in? In that case, dice the chicken. Maybe it will turn out ok. I don't like how food comes out cooking in the micro (nasty). I think microwaves are best for reheating. Chicken comes out tough in a micro.

mylilprincesses
by Paula on Jan. 8, 2013 at 5:23 PM
1 mom liked this

thanks.. i have a fully working oven. :)

Quoting mom22tumblebugs:

Just sprinkle with salt paprika and pepper, and top with cream of mushroom soup mixed with half a can of milk, and bake at 350 for 30-40 min or until done. The sides are up to you... bread, rolls, rice... whatever veggie you have on hand.

wait... you only have a microwave to cook in? In that case, dice the chicken. Maybe it will turn out ok. I don't like how food comes out cooking in the micro (nasty). I think microwaves are best for reheating. Chicken comes out tough in a micro.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)