Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Recipes for Busy Moms Recipes for Busy Moms

by on Jan. 9, 2013 at 8:16 AM
Replies (21-30):
SweetLuci
by Luci on Jan. 9, 2013 at 7:52 PM

Lots of different opinions on this. Some people use water some use bacon or salt pork,some add a hot pepper, some add vinegar. I have a friend who adds diced onion and green pepper to hers. This recipe is very simple.

Collard Greens with Ham Hocks

1 3/4 pounds ham hocks, rinsed
2 quarts chicken broth
2 bunches fresh collard greens
1 tablespoon sugar
1 teaspoon Seasoned salt
Bring ham hocks and 2 quarts chicken broth to a boil in an 8-quart Dutch oven. Reduce heat, and simmer 30-45 minutes. Meanwhile, remove and discard stems and discolored spots from greens. Chop greens, and wash thoroughly; drain. Add greens, sugar and salt to Dutch oven; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer 1 1/2-2 hours, cooking until greens are tender.

They freeze really well, so you could make a batch, and then freeze in portion size containers for yourself.

Quoting Kimberly954:

How do you make collards? I love them but no one else does. My husbands grandma makes them really good but I never think to ask her how to do it.

Quoting SweetLuci:

Baked Turkey legs,  roasted sweet potatoes, collard greens, cornbread. 

kksmomma1019
by on Jan. 9, 2013 at 7:53 PM
1 mom liked this

Pork chops, noodles and brussel sprouts.

sweetmissy_05
by on Jan. 9, 2013 at 7:54 PM
1 mom liked this

Chicken, wild rice, and green beans.

SweetLuci
by Luci on Jan. 9, 2013 at 7:56 PM

Yum, that sounds good.

Quoting kksmomma1019:

kksmomma1019
by on Jan. 9, 2013 at 7:59 PM

Thanks! We haven't had pork chops for awhile, they were a delicious treat! I'll use the leftover for pork fried rice tomorrow night. ;) Everyone's dinners sound great. 

Quoting SweetLuci:

Yum, that sounds good.

Quoting kksmomma1019:

kksmomma1019
by on Jan. 9, 2013 at 8:00 PM

Oh and I love veggies but I can't stand brussel sprouts. I only ate them so my kids will lol.

Quoting kksmomma1019:

Thanks! We haven't had pork chops for awhile, they were a delicious treat! I'll use the leftover for pork fried rice tomorrow night. ;) Everyone's dinners sound great. 

Quoting SweetLuci:

Yum, that sounds good.

Quoting kksmomma1019:

SweetLuci
by Luci on Jan. 9, 2013 at 8:05 PM

I haven't had pork chops in awhile either, but I'm thi8nking I'll put them on next week's plan. I love pork fried rice. Brussel Sprouts used to be one of the few vegetables that I didn't like, then my dil made them last Thanksgiving and I ate some to be nice, and they were really good. Fresh sprouts, blanched then cut in half, Fry bacon, romove and dice, saute sprouts and diced onion in the drippings,sprinkle with bacon. I became a convert. lol

Quoting kksmomma1019:

Oh and I love veggies but I can't stand brussel sprouts. I only ate them so my kids will lol.

Quoting kksmomma1019:

Quoting SweetLuci:

Yum, that sounds good.

Quoting kksmomma1019:

lilygracesmoma
by Member on Jan. 9, 2013 at 8:05 PM
1 mom liked this
Chicken fajitas
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
kksmomma1019
by on Jan. 9, 2013 at 8:11 PM

Thanks, ill try making the little suckers that way next time lol! That's about the same way I make fried cabbage and I love it, not sure why I never thought to make brussel sprouts like that. 

Quoting SweetLuci:

I haven't had pork chops in awhile either, but I'm thi8nking I'll put them on next week's plan. I love pork fried rice. Brussel Sprouts used to be one of the few vegetables that I didn't like, then my dil made them last Thanksgiving and I ate some to be nice, and they were really good. Fresh sprouts, blanched then cut in half, Fry bacon, romove and dice, saute sprouts and diced onion in the drippings,sprinkle with bacon. I became a convert. lol

Quoting kksmomma1019:

Quoting kksmomma1019:

Quoting SweetLuci:

Yum, that sounds good.

Quoting kksmomma1019:

kksmomma1019
by on Jan. 9, 2013 at 8:11 PM

Yum!

Quoting lilygracesmoma:

Chicken fajitas

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN