Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Recipes for Busy Moms Recipes for Busy Moms

Your go-to "just nuke it" recipe?

Posted by on Jan. 10, 2013 at 11:18 PM
  • 17 Replies

So my brother and his fiancé are coming back from Disney World early Monday morning. Before they left, she was complaining about how she'd have to go grocery shopping Monday, so I wanted to do something nice. DH and I are going to get them some groceries, stock their fridge and pantry, and then put something in the fridge they can heat up quickly when they get home at 3 am. And I know they'll be starving because I know my brother.

I'm free only Sunday afternoon to cook, run whatever I make to the house, get some groceries for them, and be done. What should I make them that'll heat up well and be really good?

slightlyperfect

by on Jan. 10, 2013 at 11:18 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
MixedCooke
by Member on Jan. 11, 2013 at 1:33 AM

shepherds pie

GaBrIeLlEsMaMa
by on Jan. 11, 2013 at 1:40 AM
Beef stew if they have a crock pot..you can cook it and leave it on warm with some bread..If not you can still leave it for them to reheat. or beans.. our go to microwave dinners are frozen lasagna or chili cheese dogs, but in my opinion neither of those would be good at 3am.. I think beef stew would be the best (probobly because I want some right now) because its hearty, filling and a great comfort food after a long trip..
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
KamsOne
by Jen on Jan. 11, 2013 at 8:34 AM

I would think something light...nothing too heavy at that hour!  Maybe a soup.  That is really nice of you to do for them by the way.  :)

SlightlyPerfect
by Bronze Member on Jan. 11, 2013 at 8:56 AM

Aw, thanks. But you know what I'm saying, right? You know the feeling. You travel all day. You ate out every night while on vacation. You don't want heavy food at 3 am, but you're damn hungry and tired from traveling. I just wanna make it easy on them. A soup is a good idea. I wonder if my brother would be ok with me leaving my crock pot there.

Quoting KamsOne:

I would think something light...nothing too heavy at that hour!  Maybe a soup.  That is really nice of you to do for them by the way.  :)

slightlyperfect

SweetLuci
by Luci on Jan. 11, 2013 at 9:07 AM

What a sweetie you are to do this for them!  The soup idea is good. What about a breakfast casserole? They warm up well, and breakfast at 3am would be comforting, if you think they would like that. Other than that, what is your brother's favorite food? Baked spaghetti or another casserole would also be good. What about sloppy Joes or pulled pork sandwiches?

KaylaMillar
by Kayla on Jan. 11, 2013 at 9:49 AM
What about a breakfast cassrrole or a quiche?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
goddess99
by Michelle on Jan. 11, 2013 at 10:19 AM

I like the breakfast and slowcooker ideas. I've seen lots of slowcooker french toast recipes on Pinterest.

delanna6two
by Ruby Member on Jan. 11, 2013 at 11:22 AM

Very nice of you!  I like the breakfast casserole idea..

OliviaW.
by on Jan. 11, 2013 at 11:45 AM

I'd say a soup or maybe pancakes cause they can be heated up easily in the microwave. 

Kimberly954
by on Jan. 11, 2013 at 12:49 PM
1 mom liked this

Chili ALWAYS tastes better heated up later.

I made a breakfast casserole in the crockpot. You could dump it in and have it so its ready when they get there.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN