Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Recipes for Busy Moms Recipes for Busy Moms

Look what I made tonight!

Posted by on Jan. 11, 2013 at 12:33 AM
  • 20 Replies
1 mom liked this

Neither SO and I were hungry until about 9pm tonight, and I figured we would probably just eat cereal or something. Then I realized we had all the stuff necessary to make something yummy!

I took 6 frozen tilapia fillets and tossed them in pans (we needed two pans for all of the fish). I added in about 1/2 a stick of butter and dumped some garlic & herb seasoning on it. I put those in the oven according to the package directions, though they took about 20 minutes to cook instead of 10, probably because it was 2 pans. While they cooked, I made some angel hair pasta and tossed that with some more butter, a little lemon juice, and some more of the garlic & herb seasoning. Then I plated the fish on top of fresh raw spinach.

I was a little bit skeeved out because I don't cook very often and I don't think I've ever cooked fish on my own before (except fish sticks). To be honest, I was worried that SO would think it was gross and wouldn't even eat it - or worse, that I would hate it myself!

It was so good! SO, who has apparently never in his *life* been able to eat fish without dumping ketchup on it, loved it. I begged him to just try it without ketchup, and then he didn't even pull it out of the fridge. I'd say it was a HUGE success - and look! It's just so pretty!

The only thing I wish I could've done was added a veggie besides the spinach, but we just didn't have any in the house.

What do you gals think?!

by on Jan. 11, 2013 at 12:33 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Nford2012
by on Jan. 11, 2013 at 12:38 AM
Great job!
AimSnapHolz
by on Jan. 11, 2013 at 12:53 AM

Thanks! I'm really trying to get into cooking more because SO and I eat way too much junk food and don't live a healthy lifestyle. So today's day 2 of quitting smoking, and day 1 of us trying to cook something good for us for a change. Lots of butter, but it's a start!

MixedCooke
by Member on Jan. 11, 2013 at 12:54 AM

always on board with a quick yet healthy-ish meal!

SlightlyPerfect
by Bronze Member on Jan. 11, 2013 at 9:01 AM

OMG I love your plates!

slightlyperfect

periwinkle163
by Mandy on Jan. 11, 2013 at 9:16 AM

Very pretty! I can't imagine fish with ketchup on it, so glad you got him to try something else!

KaylaMillar
by Kayla on Jan. 11, 2013 at 9:47 AM
Looks good! Wtg mama!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
goddess99
by Michelle on Jan. 11, 2013 at 10:20 AM

looks great!

delanna6two
by Ruby Member on Jan. 11, 2013 at 11:20 AM

yum...looks very good

AimSnapHolz
by on Jan. 11, 2013 at 12:21 PM

Haha thanks! I think they came from Target. :)

Quoting SlightlyPerfect:

OMG I love your plates!

Kimberly954
by on Jan. 11, 2013 at 12:52 PM

I make fish at least once a week at it ALWAYS takes 20 minutes at 400 degrees. Those filets may have taken 10 minutes if they were thawed and really thin or if you pan sear first but it always takes me 20.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)