Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Ham and Cheese Sliders

Posted by on Jan. 14, 2013 at 8:38 AM
  • 7 Replies
3 moms liked this

INGREDIENTS:                                                                                ESTIMATED COST:

24 good white dinner rolls                                                                      $5                                   
24 pieces honey ham(I used Land o' Frost lunch meat)                  $3
24 small slices Swiss cheese                                                              $2.50
1/3 cup mayonnaise  (already have)                                                    $0
1/3 cup miracle whip   (already have)                                                  $0

POPPYSEED SAUCE:
1 Tablespoon poppy seeds(I did not use)                                         $3
1 1/2 Tablespoons yellow mustard (already have)                          $0
1/2 cup butter, melted (already have)                                                  $0
1 Tablespoon minced onion                                                                 $1
1/2 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce (already have)                        $0
                                                                                                                   ____
                                                               TOTAL ESTIMATED COST:    $14.50

INSTRUCTIONS:
In a small bowl, mix together mayonnaise and miracle whip. Spread onto both sides of the center of each roll. Place a slice of ham and a slice of Swiss inside of each roll. Close rolls and place them into a large baking dish or heavy cookie sheet. Place very close together.

In a medium bowl, whisk together all of the poppy seed sauce ingredients. Pour evenly over all of the sandwiches. You do not have to use all of the sauce! Just use enough to cover the tops. Let sit 10 minutes or until butter sets slightly. Cover with foil and bake at 350 degrees for 12-15 minutes or until cheese is melted. Uncover and cook for 2 additional minutes or until tops are slightly brown and crispy. Serve warm.

SIDE NOTE: My DH does not like mayo so I made a batch leaving off the mayonnaise and it was still great!

by on Jan. 14, 2013 at 8:38 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
Kimberly954
by on Jan. 14, 2013 at 8:43 AM

i would put them on hawaiian rolls!!! yummy!

armywifey26
by on Jan. 14, 2013 at 8:53 AM

I was totally going to do that next time! Lol

Quoting Kimberly954:

i would put them on hawaiian rolls!!! yummy!

goddess99
by on Jan. 14, 2013 at 10:00 AM

looks good. tyfs

delanna6two
by Ruby Member on Jan. 14, 2013 at 2:28 PM

Thanks...love it...looks very good:)

mylilprincesses
by on Jan. 15, 2013 at 3:57 PM

saw these on pinterest.. and they seemed pretty yummy! TFS

armywifey26
by on Jan. 15, 2013 at 5:35 PM
1 mom liked this

That is where I initially found them. I have already made them twice! They are awesome :)

Quoting mylilprincesses:

saw these on pinterest.. and they seemed pretty yummy! TFS

amy7243
by on Jan. 15, 2013 at 6:34 PM

These look amazing!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)