I made this the other day and it was very good. Thought I'd share.
Onion and Mushroom Quinoa
Betty Crocker's Heart Healthy Cookbook shares a recipe! This delicious quinoa and vegetables side dish recipe is easy to make and is ready in just 30 minutes.
PREP TIME 10 Min
TOTAL TIME 30 Min
- 1 teaspoon canola or soybean oil
- 1 cup uncooked quinoa
- 1 small onion, cut into fourths and sliced
- 1 medium carrot, shredded (2/3 cup)
- 1 small green bell pepper, chopped (1/2 cup)
- 1 cup sliced fresh mushrooms (about 2 1/2 ounces)
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh or 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme leaves
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 can (14 ounces) fat-free vegetable broth
- Heat oil in 2-quart saucepan over medium heat. Cook quinoa and onion in oil 4 to 5 minutes, stirring occasionally, until light brown.
- Stir in remaining ingredients. Heat to boiling; reduce heat to low. Cover and simmer about 15 minutes or until liquid is absorbed. Fluff with fork.