Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Recipes for Busy Moms Recipes for Busy Moms

Picky little eaters!

Posted by on Jan. 16, 2013 at 3:20 PM
  • 4 Replies
My lil munchin is a very picky toddler! Lol. She's three and she doesn't really like meat or most things with some kind of sauce? Haha.. She's hard to feed.. Just trying to expand her choices of healthy food! Any tips??
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Jan. 16, 2013 at 3:20 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
frndlyfn
by Bronze Member on Jan. 16, 2013 at 3:28 PM

Well what does she like to eat for a daily menu? Preschoolers usually love sauce but mine at that age hated dipping and stuff.

Kimberly954
by on Jan. 16, 2013 at 6:14 PM

I have a 3 year old as well. I think not eating meat at this age is pretty normal. She will eat chicken nuggets, SOMETIMES baked chicken, both have to be dipped in ketchup, shrimp sauted in garlic butter, and sometimes a couple bites of steak but it has to be extremely tender, like filet. Oh, and I JUST got her to eat bologna and cheese on crackers as well as ham slices.

However, she LOVES pasta with white sauces like alfredo (no spaghetti sauce). And i put just a tiny bit on hers....she doesnt like it saucy. And I chop her spaghetti up so she can scoop it on a spoon. (Ah, the things we do to get kids to eat!) Also, she loves pretty much any kind of rice and she really likes beans, black beans, edamame beans, peas, etc.

KaylaMillar
by Kayla on Jan. 16, 2013 at 11:25 PM
My kids would be picky if we let them. We have a two bite rule in our house.... They have to try 2 big bites before the decide they don't like anything.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
AimSnapHolz
by on Jan. 17, 2013 at 2:24 AM

Try letting her pick out her own food. I know it sounds silly, but you'd be amazed at how healthy toddler-created meals can be. DS used to eat carrot sticks, green grapes, crackers, and almonds EVERY day for lunch. He'd finish it off with a single cookie dipped in milk and then drink the rest of the milk. Wouldn't eat a single other thing for months - but it sounds pretty healthy to me!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)