Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Recipes for Busy Moms Recipes for Busy Moms

Note to myself...

Posted by on Jan. 16, 2013 at 4:01 PM
  • 10 Replies
1 mom liked this

Peel eggs when they are still a little warm, even if you are tired and going to use the eggs the next day. Sigh!!!.

My Mom wanted to make potato salad today, so I was getting the ingredients ready last night.  I decided to just leave them in their shells and peel them today.  Don't care that they are ugly eggs, but I lost a lot of egg in the process.  I KNOW BETTER !!!!

by on Jan. 16, 2013 at 4:01 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Kimberly954
by on Jan. 16, 2013 at 6:10 PM

Awe.....it shouldnt have been that bad. We peel easter eggs well after the fact and they peel not too bad later on.

OliviaW.
by on Jan. 16, 2013 at 6:11 PM

When I boil them I put some salt in the water and never really had a major issue, 

goddess99
by Michelle on Jan. 16, 2013 at 6:44 PM

I usually peel cooked eggs under running water. It's usually not too bad.

SweetLuci
by Luci on Jan. 16, 2013 at 7:22 PM
1 mom liked this

I cover them with water in a bowl, then use the back of a spoon to crack the shell all over. The water starts getting under the shell and they slip right off.

caro100
by Member on Jan. 16, 2013 at 7:29 PM

Had the salt in the water too, maybe my eggs were too fresh.

Quoting OliviaW.:

When I boil them I put some salt in the water and never really had a major issue, 

caro100
by Member on Jan. 16, 2013 at 7:30 PM

Did that too.  I guess that maybe the eggs were too fresh.  They had been in the fridge for  5 days though.

Quoting goddess99:

I usually peel cooked eggs under running water. It's usually not too bad.

KaylaMillar
by Kayla on Jan. 16, 2013 at 11:21 PM
1 mom liked this
I'm sorry! I saw a trick on pintrest that was suppose to make them peel so easy. I can't remember it now though!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
AimSnapHolz
by on Jan. 17, 2013 at 2:25 AM

It's vinegar. Just a teaspoon or so of vinegar in the water will help.

Quoting KaylaMillar:

I'm sorry! I saw a trick on pintrest that was suppose to make them peel so easy. I can't remember it now though!

Basherte
by on Jan. 17, 2013 at 11:00 AM

I do the hard boiled thing, then immediately after they are done cooking I place the pan under cold running water. To stop them from continuing to cook. Then I peel them before they are completely cool. It's easier for me. That's when I am using them right away. If I am waiting to use them. I do the running cold water. then let them under that until they are completely cool. Then stick them in the fridge. Then peel while cool. I smack them once against a flat surface and use my nails to peel them. 

periwinkle163
by Mandy on Jan. 17, 2013 at 11:40 AM

I hate peeling eggs, they always seem so hit or miss.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)