Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Recipes for Busy Moms Recipes for Busy Moms

Milanesa!!!

Posted by on Jan. 20, 2013 at 8:15 PM
  • 9 Replies
1 mom liked this
Aka fried steak! My first time making it and I'll have to say it was delicious! :)
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Jan. 20, 2013 at 8:15 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
Ngelulu
by on Jan. 20, 2013 at 8:23 PM
I use to love eating it when I was little. My husband doesnt care much for it.
mylilprincesses
by Paula on Jan. 20, 2013 at 11:17 PM

awesome! :)

Yurixsi
by on Jan. 20, 2013 at 11:18 PM
Love em there good
epoh
by on Jan. 21, 2013 at 5:45 AM
I've never made it, unless you mean something like cube steak.
delanna6two
by Ruby Member on Jan. 21, 2013 at 9:04 AM

glad it turned out good for you!

SweetLuci
by Luci on Jan. 23, 2013 at 11:39 AM

Why don't you share your recipe?

Srvp20
by on Jan. 23, 2013 at 9:23 PM
Idk how to explain it lol I got the recipe from a website online the only thing I did different was season it with lemon pepper seasoning :)that gave it a really good flavor.

Quoting SweetLuci:

Why don't you share your recipe?

SweetLuci
by Luci on Jan. 23, 2013 at 9:40 PM

Here's a simple recipe

Milanesa Breaded Steak
2 lbs of thinly sliced round steak, or sirloin
4 eggs
1/2 cup milk
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon black pepper
2 cups bread crumbs (seasoned or unseasoned, it's your preference. I like seasoned.)
1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil

In a shallow baking dish scramble the eggs well. Next, combine with the milk, salt, and pepper. In a separate baking dish spread out the bread crumbs. Dip a slice of beef in the egg mixture. Coat evenly and completely. Now dip the slice of beef into the bread crumbs. Coat both sides with the breadcrumbs. If there are uncovered spots on the slice of beef, sprinkle bread crumbs on the area and gently pat it down. Use a little egg if you need to to make the bread crumbs stick.
Heat the olive oil in a frying pan over medium heat. Have a serving plate ready with paper towels. Fry the slices of breaded beef on each side for 1 to 2 minutes until golden brown. Since the meat is so thin it will cook quickly. Milanesa will be hot so be careful. Allow to cool for a couple minutes before eating.

Srvp20
by on Jan. 23, 2013 at 9:45 PM
Yes that's pretty much what I did. That's explained a lot easier than the recipe I went by tho.

Quoting SweetLuci:

Here's a simple recipe

Milanesa Breaded Steak
2 lbs of thinly sliced round steak, or sirloin
4 eggs
1/2 cup milk
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon black pepper
2 cups bread crumbs (seasoned or unseasoned, it's your preference. I like seasoned.)
1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil

In a shallow baking dish scramble the eggs well. Next, combine with the milk, salt, and pepper. In a separate baking dish spread out the bread crumbs. Dip a slice of beef in the egg mixture. Coat evenly and completely. Now dip the slice of beef into the bread crumbs. Coat both sides with the breadcrumbs. If there are uncovered spots on the slice of beef, sprinkle bread crumbs on the area and gently pat it down. Use a little egg if you need to to make the bread crumbs stick.
Heat the olive oil in a frying pan over medium heat. Have a serving plate ready with paper towels. Fry the slices of breaded beef on each side for 1 to 2 minutes until golden brown. Since the meat is so thin it will cook quickly. Milanesa will be hot so be careful. Allow to cool for a couple minutes before eating.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN