Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Recipes for Busy Moms Recipes for Busy Moms

Apples apples apples

Posted by on Jan. 21, 2013 at 6:52 AM
  • 21 Replies
We go through so many apples each week. They're the go-to snack around here. Sometimes I'll chop a few and give my kids little dipping cups w honey in them for dessert. DD insists on red apples, I personally favor Granny Smith, and DS likes any kind that's edible.

What about your family?
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Jan. 21, 2013 at 6:52 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
delanna6two
by Ruby Member on Jan. 21, 2013 at 8:57 AM

I like them for snacks too...

lilyrose2011
by on Jan. 21, 2013 at 8:59 AM
I like apples the most in my family, I just made a dip for them yesterday it has cream cheese brown sugar and vanilla extract In it, made it taste like a Carmel dip it was goooooood :)
OliviaW.
by on Jan. 21, 2013 at 9:02 AM

We really like gala apples. We're kinda hit and miss cause we don't eat them all the time (especially when there are homemade goodies) but we go through a big bag a month. We just got done eatting the fruit that my mom got in Texas and the kids have discovered that they love pineapple oranges.

epoh
by on Jan. 21, 2013 at 9:26 AM
That sounds delish!

Quoting lilyrose2011:

I like apples the most in my family, I just made a dip for them yesterday it has cream cheese brown sugar and vanilla extract In it, made it taste like a Carmel dip it was goooooood :)
lilyrose2011
by on Jan. 21, 2013 at 9:30 AM
You should deffantly try it haha it's 8oz of cream cheese, 1 cup brown sugar and 1 tablespoon vanilla, it's super good

Quoting epoh:

That sounds delish!

Quoting lilyrose2011:

epoh
by on Jan. 21, 2013 at 9:32 AM
I've never heard of pineapple oranges.

Quoting OliviaW.:

We really like gala apples. We're kinda hit and miss cause we don't eat them all the time (especially when there are homemade goodies) but we go through a big bag a month. We just got done eatting the fruit that my mom got in Texas and the kids have discovered that they love pineapple oranges.

epoh
by on Jan. 21, 2013 at 9:34 AM
Do you heat it at all or just beat it together?

Quoting lilyrose2011:

You should deffantly try it haha it's 8oz of cream cheese, 1 cup brown sugar and 1 tablespoon vanilla, it's super good

Quoting epoh:

That sounds delish!

Quoting lilyrose2011:

OliviaW.
by on Jan. 21, 2013 at 9:38 AM
Neither had I until last year. They're good but they have seeds and thick outside. They're really juicy and sweet too.

Quoting epoh:

I've never heard of pineapple oranges.

Quoting OliviaW.:

lilyrose2011
by on Jan. 21, 2013 at 9:40 AM
1 mom liked this
Let the cream cheese get soft and whip it in a electric beater if you have one until its kinda fluffy then just add in the sugar and vanilla until its well mixed you can eat it right when it's done and chill it when your done

Quoting epoh:

Do you heat it at all or just beat it together?

Quoting lilyrose2011:

Quoting epoh:

That sounds delish!

Quoting lilyrose2011:

goddess99
by Michelle on Jan. 21, 2013 at 9:42 AM

We like apples as well. DD's fav is red delicious, dh's is granny smith, mine is pink lady.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)