Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Recipes for Busy Moms Recipes for Busy Moms

What do i put with fish?

Posted by on Jan. 23, 2013 at 10:22 AM
  • 18 Replies

I am making grouper tonight. I usually do rice and beans but dont have beans (well, i have pintos but not black which is usually what i do). Also dont have salad stuff. What should i make with it? Oh, btw, i have a lot i could do but i am dairy free right now while i am nursing.

by on Jan. 23, 2013 at 10:22 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
jjamom
by Silver Member on Jan. 23, 2013 at 10:29 AM
Cous Cous is good with fish, or roasted potatoes and other veggies? Pan roasted veggies are good too. I dont know what you have on hand, but those are the types of things I usually serve with fish.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
OliviaW.
by on Jan. 23, 2013 at 10:55 AM

Potatoes or asparagus. 

Kimberly954
by on Jan. 23, 2013 at 10:56 AM

Asparagus sounds good, if i had some! I may need to make a farm stand run.

Quoting OliviaW.:

Potatoes or asparagus. 

gypsy30
by on Jan. 23, 2013 at 10:58 AM

My husband's family is in commercial fishing and we eat fish a lot.  He grew up with the tradition of having cooked macaroni with a can of diced tomatoes stirred into it, and sprinkled with parmesan cheese.  It's actually really good.

OliviaW.
by on Jan. 23, 2013 at 11:00 AM

I always have some around. I can it so we have it year round. I want to try and freeze it this year so I can do something else with it besides boiled. 

Quoting Kimberly954:

Asparagus sounds good, if i had some! I may need to make a farm stand run.

Quoting OliviaW.:

Potatoes or asparagus. 

Kimberly954
by on Jan. 23, 2013 at 11:00 AM
1 mom liked this

Thats interesting. I have that.

Quoting gypsy30:

My husband's family is in commercial fishing and we eat fish a lot.  He grew up with the tradition of having cooked macaroni with a can of diced tomatoes stirred into it, and sprinkled with parmesan cheese.  It's actually really good.

alexislovesjr
by on Jan. 23, 2013 at 11:01 AM

I love grilled or roasted veggies, salad, of course rice, broccoli or asparagus with my fish. I usuallly do roasted veggies and rice the most.

OliviaW.
by on Jan. 23, 2013 at 11:11 AM

Quoting gypsy30:

My dh loves tomatoes and macaroni too. The kids seems to like it too. I'm not a fan but I'm not a big fan of tomatoes . 

kt674
by Kari on Jan. 23, 2013 at 11:16 AM

I like rice and oven roasted zucchini with my fish. Asparagus sounds yummy too!

ZsMommy
by Bronze Member on Jan. 23, 2013 at 11:20 AM
1 mom liked this

Quoting jjamom:

Cous Cous is good with fish, or roasted potatoes and other veggies? Pan roasted veggies are good too. I dont know what you have on hand, but those are the types of things I usually serve with fish.

Same here. Or stovetop (but then there's usually a salad to go with and you mentioned you're out of salad stuff.

Cous Cous is versatile and with a little lemon juice and olive oil you can even make a "salad" (I add olives n feta cheese)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)