Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Recipes for Busy Moms Recipes for Busy Moms

I am making grouper tonight. I usually do rice and beans but dont have beans (well, i have pintos but not black which is usually what i do). Also dont have salad stuff. What should i make with it? Oh, btw, i have a lot i could do but i am dairy free right now while i am nursing.

by on Jan. 23, 2013 at 10:22 AM
Replies (11-18):
gypsy30
by on Jan. 23, 2013 at 11:20 AM

My son likes it too, and he's not a huge fan of tomatoes.  I only ever make it when fish is for dinner.

Quoting OliviaW.:

Quoting gypsy30:

My husband's family is in commercial fishing and we eat fish a lot.  He grew up with the tradition of having cooked macaroni with a can of diced tomatoes stirred into it, and sprinkled with parmesan cheese.  It's actually really good.

My dh loves tomatoes and macaroni too. The kids seems to like it too. I'm not a fan but I'm not a big fan of tomatoes . 

SweetLuci
by Luci on Jan. 23, 2013 at 11:50 AM

homefries or rice and coleslaw with oil & vinegar dressing, or a veggie like broccoli with lemon would be good.

delanna6two
by Ruby Member on Jan. 23, 2013 at 1:07 PM

slaw?

goddess99
by Michelle on Jan. 23, 2013 at 2:33 PM

We always have potatoes with fish.

KaylaMillar
by Kayla on Jan. 23, 2013 at 2:54 PM

couscous or asparagus

periwinkle163
by on Jan. 23, 2013 at 3:46 PM

I like coleslaw with fish.

jdahlstedt
by on Jan. 24, 2013 at 9:24 AM

Asparagus and couscous are staple fish sides in our house. Or any green veggie really, steamed green beans or broccoli also make their way onto our plates with fish. Just try to keep from all one color- fish is white, don't do coliflour and mashed potatos. Colorful plates just look more yummy!

Basherte
by on Jan. 24, 2013 at 5:42 PM

You could do a baked potato, with some herbs and spices.

You could do plain rice with veggies. Or rice, veggies, and sauce with it.

Or ummm... roasted veggies, and roasted potatoes. 

Or roasted veggies with baked french fries. < adds no oil and if you leave them in just long enough they still get crispy on the outside. I never deep fry french fries any more.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN