Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Recipes for Busy Moms Recipes for Busy Moms

Potatoes!

Posted by on Jan. 24, 2013 at 4:34 PM
  • 26 Replies
1 mom liked this

My family loves potatoes and we eat them about 3 times a week. We normally have them mashed, boiled, baked (with butter and sometimes sour cream) or oven baked French fries. How do you like your potatoes? 

by on Jan. 24, 2013 at 4:34 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
KaylaMillar
by Kayla on Jan. 24, 2013 at 4:56 PM
I love loaded mashed potatoes.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Kimberly954
by on Jan. 24, 2013 at 5:03 PM

If its a russet or idaho i like it mashed or as fries. If its a sweet potato i like it baked or as sweet potato casserole. If its a red potato, i either make them as roasted smashed potatoes or as mashed potatoes with the skins on.

la1118
by Bronze Member on Jan. 24, 2013 at 5:13 PM
1 mom liked this
Fried with onions. Mashed with garlic and/or bleu cheese. Scalloped or au gratin. I love potatoes.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
goddess99
by Michelle on Jan. 24, 2013 at 5:27 PM

Usually mashed.

ZsMommy
by Bronze Member on Jan. 24, 2013 at 5:37 PM
1 mom liked this

Roasted with olive oil,seasonings and parmesan cheese

jjamom
by Silver Member on Jan. 24, 2013 at 6:13 PM

My favorite is fried potatoes with onions.  However, they are one of my favorite foods and I like them just about anyway they are made.  Interesting enough, French fries are my least favorite preparation, though.

-42-
by Member on Jan. 24, 2013 at 6:13 PM
Roasted.

But I love hasselback potatoes, they're just time consuming to make all of the time.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Ladybugmama86
by on Jan. 24, 2013 at 6:17 PM

We like ranch bacon mashed potatoes, ranch dressing, I use prepared, a little milk, a little bacon fat and some extra crispy bacon crushed, chives mix it all together and everyone loves it

Yesterday I did some fried home made french fries

Oh I also like to do steak fries, season them with lawrys and bake ;em (I put olive oil on the pan).

I am always looking for new ways to do potatoes.

Lilypie Trying to Conceive 21 to 37 day cycle tickers Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickersLilypie Kids Birthday tickersDaisypath Anniversary tickers
kt674
by Kari on Jan. 24, 2013 at 6:26 PM

I just saw a recipe in a magazine for roasted smashed potatoes and wanted to try them. How do you make yours?

Quoting Kimberly954:

If its a russet or idaho i like it mashed or as fries. If its a sweet potato i like it baked or as sweet potato casserole. If its a red potato, i either make them as roasted smashed potatoes or as mashed potatoes with the skins on.

kt674
by Kari on Jan. 24, 2013 at 6:27 PM
1 mom liked this

Oh, ranch bacon mashed potatoes sound delicious!

Quoting Ladybugmama86:

We like ranch bacon mashed potatoes, ranch dressing, I use prepared, a little milk, a little bacon fat and some extra crispy bacon crushed, chives mix it all together and everyone loves it

Yesterday I did some fried home made french fries

Oh I also like to do steak fries, season them with lawrys and bake ;em (I put olive oil on the pan).

I am always looking for new ways to do potatoes.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN