Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Recipes for Busy Moms Recipes for Busy Moms

My daughter is 4, and she asked to make dinner, so I said sure! What can she make (with my help, obviously)? What are your go-to kid-friendly recipes?

I want her to do most of it. So not too much chopping or stove-top work. But we have a great blender and food processor she can use just fine, and we can bake things.

slightlyperfect

by on Jan. 25, 2013 at 11:18 AM
Replies (11-12):
247beachbumz
by on Jan. 26, 2013 at 8:42 PM

We do smoothies, bake cookies, he helps make salad with ALL the fixins (I chop n he puts it in bowl n mixes), lunch/dinner wraps, personal pizzas(we use biscuit dough, roll out, top w/fixins...u can also use French bread or Italian garlic bread works great) that's awesome she wants to help :-) have fun

SlightlyPerfect
by Bronze Member on Jan. 26, 2013 at 8:49 PM

I love this!

She picked out Cornish hens (i.e., "baby chickens"). I even got her to marinade and rub them. She loved it. And she made a mean mushroom-rice pilaf!

We juice every other day, but pizza is a great idea, too. Thank you!

Quoting 247beachbumz:

We do smoothies, bake cookies, he helps make salad with ALL the fixins (I chop n he puts it in bowl n mixes), lunch/dinner wraps, personal pizzas(we use biscuit dough, roll out, top w/fixins...u can also use French bread or Italian garlic bread works great) that's awesome she wants to help :-) have fun

slightlyperfect

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)