Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

fast corn free meals

Posted by on Jan. 26, 2013 at 12:24 PM
  • 4 Replies
Hi everyone, I have a corn allergy which includes things derived from corn (maltodextrin, dextrose, modified food starch, etc.) I just had my baby girl in December and my hubby is in the army and wont be back home for another month. Long story short, taking care of a newbie all alone is exhausting and being allergic to a very common food makes it hard to make anything let alone something quick. If anyone has sugestions please let me know!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Jan. 26, 2013 at 12:24 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
SweetLuci
by Luci on Jan. 26, 2013 at 10:28 PM

I think you need to look at natural, whole foods rather than processed foods. And read all labels. Did you just recently develop the allergy? Eggs are quick to fix, and seafood is also.

Here's a site that might help you:

http://www.cornallergens.com/food/my-meals-snacks.php

KaylaMillar
by Kayla on Jan. 27, 2013 at 10:37 AM
That would be hard. I agree with luci, read labels and try to cook from scratch. Congrats on the new baby!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
karlamousse4
by New Member on Jan. 27, 2013 at 2:34 PM
I just found out about the allergy within the last year, but according to my gastro doc, I must have had a slight allergy for years because of how messed up my insides are. For some reason the allergy has gotten significantly more severe since pregnancy. I used to be able to eat some things derived from corn in very small amounts, now nothing. Thank you for the link, im sure it will help. Ha ha yes eggs would be good, now I just have to find different things to do with them so
karlamousse4
by New Member on Jan. 27, 2013 at 2:35 PM
Thank you!

Quoting KaylaMillar:

That would be hard. I agree with luci, read labels and try to cook from scratch. Congrats on the new baby!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)