Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

crockpot chicken

Posted by on Jan. 27, 2013 at 6:36 PM
  • 16 Replies
need some recipes for chicken that can be cooked in the crockpot.. :)
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Jan. 27, 2013 at 6:36 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Lorena
by Member on Jan. 27, 2013 at 7:01 PM
1 mom liked this
I saw one on here for ranch chicken that was really good.
epoh
by on Jan. 27, 2013 at 8:13 PM
1 mom liked this
I read a lot to add a jar of salsa, then shred the meat when its dont cooking and use it for tacos.
VAGal25
by on Jan. 27, 2013 at 8:16 PM
1 mom liked this
Chicken breasts, red potatoes, carrots, 1/2 cup Italian dressing, 1cup chicken broth, 1/2 grated Parmesan. Low 4-6 hours.

Chicken breasts, 1cup buffalo sauce. Low 4-6 hours, shred. We put it in tortillas, on a salad or on bread. With cheddar and ranch.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MixedCooke
by Member on Jan. 28, 2013 at 3:04 AM
1 mom liked this

i was going to make arroz con pollo--basically Spanish style chicken and rice.

goddess99
by Michelle on Jan. 28, 2013 at 9:10 AM

This is really good. Dh and I make this at least 1 weekend a month.

http://www.cafemom.com/group/107096/forums/read/17556465/Zesty_Crockpot_Pulled_Chicken

starbuckmom03
by on Jan. 28, 2013 at 9:48 AM

My mom shared this recipe with me and it was good!  Funny that you posted this because I was just thinking about it yesterday!  My mom can't have bottled italian dressing because she is allergic to some of the ingredients so she has her own recipe to use.  If I know she is going to be eating with us, I use her recipe, but I will use the bottled stuff if not.

Thinking of making this soon.  I put it on slider buns for my kids.  Just their size and they love how small the buns are, kid sized!

Quoting goddess99:

http://www.cafemom.com/group/107096/forums/read/17556465/Zesty_Crockpot_Pulled_Chicken

goddess99
by Michelle on Jan. 28, 2013 at 9:50 AM

We always eat it on buns as well. It's so good.

Quoting starbuckmom03:

My mom shared this recipe with me and it was good!  Funny that you posted this because I was just thinking about it yesterday!  My mom can't have bottled italian dressing because she is allergic to some of the ingredients so she has her own recipe to use.  If I know she is going to be eating with us, I use her recipe, but I will use the bottled stuff if not.

Thinking of making this soon.  I put it on slider buns for my kids.  Just their size and they love how small the buns are, kid sized!

Quoting goddess99:

starbuckmom03
by on Jan. 28, 2013 at 9:56 AM
1 mom liked this

We eat it on buns too but since my mom is gluten free she will eat it on a salad or just by itself. 

Quoting goddess99:

We always eat it on buns as well. It's so good.

Quoting starbuckmom03:

Quoting goddess99:

jjamom
by Silver Member on Jan. 28, 2013 at 10:19 AM
1 mom liked this

Crockpot Coq Au Vin - 2lbs chicken (can use thighs, breasts, boneless or bone-in), 1 can golden mushroom soup, 1 cup red wine, a few sprigs of thyme or rosemary, or dried herbs if you don't have fresh.  You can add mushrooms, potatoes, onions and carrots if you like.  Cook on low 6-8 hours.

jenn1172
by on Jan. 28, 2013 at 10:26 AM
1 mom liked this

This is what I am cooking today.  2lbs chicken, 1 can of pineapple (including juice), 1/3 cup of soy sauce, 1/2 cup brown sugar and 2 tbs (more or less to taste) of red pepper flakes.  I serve it over coconut rice.  Yum

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)