Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Completely OT but.....

Posted by on Jan. 28, 2013 at 9:10 AM
Kim
  • 9 Replies

I cannot ask on FB because i dont want DH to find out. I want to get him a DVR for his birthday. Do I get it through my cable provider or do I need to get a box, like TiVo?? And is there a difference? I see on my cable box i have a DVR function but it doesnt work so I guess I would have to set it up/pay for it. Should I do that or should I get one thats sold seperately and if I get something like TiVo do i still have to pay for that service through my cable provider??

by on Jan. 28, 2013 at 9:10 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
jjamom
by Silver Member on Jan. 28, 2013 at 9:31 AM

We have Verizon FIOS, and I don't know if it's the same for everyone, but ours is part of our cable box.  It is part of our cable package.  I would call your cable provider and find out.  You may just need to add the function and they may be able to upgrade your cable box from your home, or they may need to provide you with another one.   Hope this helps, I know things can vary from one provider to another.

mylilprincesses
by Paula on Jan. 28, 2013 at 11:24 AM
That would be something you get through your cable provider .. they have certain plans for that.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
KaylaMillar
by Kayla on Jan. 28, 2013 at 1:13 PM

I'm not help....we dont have cable or dvr...heres a bump for you! 

kt674
by Kari on Jan. 28, 2013 at 1:51 PM

We used to have one and we had to get it through our cable provider. Not sure how TiVo works though.

SweetLuci
by Luci on Jan. 28, 2013 at 2:51 PM

I would suggest getting it through your service provider. You could call and ask how they would handle that. They would install it, so you wouldn't have to worry about it being incompatable. Let them know that you're thinking of getting one from someone else, and they may give you an incentive to get it from them.

delanna6two
by Ruby Member on Jan. 28, 2013 at 4:01 PM

That's nice...hope things work out for you to get it:)

Mama_Of_Two2012
by on Jan. 28, 2013 at 4:55 PM

my brother has TiVo and hates it, he is selling it and getting a DVR. DVR is through your cable company

periwinkle163
by Mandy on Jan. 28, 2013 at 8:17 PM

We get ours through our provider.

epoh
by on Jan. 29, 2013 at 2:31 PM
When I had one it was through the provider.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)